Bottoming "safe" vs. topping raw: what's riskier?

frenchieboy

I'm a versatile guy who's (almost) always played safe.

But nowadays I can't stay hard with rubbers, so I generally bottom safe and occasionally I top raw.

I'm tempted to forget about bottoming altogether. I'm not submissive, not a size queen, and although I love pleasing a top, it doesn't fully satisfy me.

As a top, I'd have a lot more choice of men. Probably 75% are bottoms.

There are lots of hot bottoms out there, poz with undetectable viral loads.

I'm just wondering if I'm completely delusional for thinking I could go raw (as a top) and not get pozzed? I mean, I know there's a risk, and I'm not totally freaked out about it, but I'd like to at least go a few years more without getting the bug.

What do you think? Who's seroconverted as a raw top? Or seroconverted as a "safe" bottom because the rubber failed or by performing oral sex?

I'll put it this way...I have had both STR8 and Bi Married Men Fuck my ass when my hole was bleeding and full of STD's - they got all the STD's (Gono, syph, Chlamydia) but not HIV. One STR8 (and he says he is but fucks my hole) has been fucking me for Eleven years and when I told him I was poz he said "So what" and fucked me anyway.

@Frenchnieboy: Undetectable - No, VL is now 66,000, T-Cells 99. Does VL stay unchanged even when you have gono, syph or chlamydia in your ass? -- No, the last round of the Triple play forced my VL to go up and my T-Cells to fall. HIV loves to ride on Syph so when it's in your ass it will attack HIV like crazy. In Regards to the STR8 guy fucking me, he has for years, even when my VL was 4.7 Million and Zero T-Cells, and while he got STD's from me, he has not gotten HIV.