Bareback Poz, "bugchasers" and the criminalizatin of poz people

pozdanny

I have been reading a lot about bug chasing in here. While I don's agree with the idea, I assume that those who decide to become poz have already planned in terms of health insurance, health care in general, and that they are making a fully informed decision about this.

There are hundreds of reports out there of guys looking to be 'pozed up" only to later take the "giver" to court and make a quick uck out of it, while putting the "perpetrator" behind bars. Unfortunately, Public Health Officials have forgotten the principle of individual responsibility and want to pin the whole danger of transmission on poz people only, making the "chaser" sound like a victim.

To the guys willing to infect others I ask: Are you concerned about becoming entangled on a legal battle because someone asked you for the virus? Do you know that many neg. guys out there are up to no good or trying to make a quick buck?

Looking at what's happening in the UK, where a guy got a prison sentence (can't remember if his appeal was successful) for passing on herpes, I joked about the paperwork of consent forms for orgies.

While I don't rule out the possibility of sex with HIV-unknowns, there's no way I'm fucking them unless I know them very well and trust them. Otherwise he/they must be positive...

Anyhow, I do not believe in "giving" a disease to anyone, but what angers me the most is that a lot of "bugchasers" will end up in public assistance while a poor clueless poz guy may end up in jail for something he has no responsibility about.

I suppose I agree that not all chasers are acting on good faith...but, why would someone intentionally get a deadly virus to "cash in" on some Top? I am a chaser and I love to get poz cum...I don't think I would take a gift giving top to court! But, that's just me!!!

I think it is a matter of personal responsibility. Poz people are really not responsible for what chasers do, and the legal system should be clear on that. The whole thing about "people infecting others" doesn't fly with me after 30 plus years of HIV.