side effects of hiv drugs

Guest cumdrainer4u

Guest cumdrainer4u

Was wondering how many of you guys have had bad side effects from the drugs you are on. I will soon be pozzed I'm sure with the amount of loads and guys dropping into me. I am a little worried about the side effects since every other drug I was ever on for high blood pressure or other things I always get bad side effects then go off the drug. i may not be able to stay on Hiv drugs if I cant feel good enough to still be the cumdump slut I am and need to be. Please let me know what kind of side effects you have experinced and thanks

I'm on Truvada, Norvir, and Reyataz. I'm not had any side effects at all. The doctor will watch your liver enzymes to make sure they don't get too high.

I'm on the same. I noticed my sclera yellow a little when I first started taking it, but I just drank a lot more water and spent some time in the sun and it went away. It's nice that norvir doesn't have to be kept cold anymore.

• Administrators
Was wondering how many of you guys have had bad side effects from the drugs you are on. I will soon be pozzed I'm sure with the amount of loads and guys dropping into me. I am a little worried about the side effects since every other drug I was ever on for high blood pressure or other things I always get bad side effects then go off the drug. i may not be able to stay on Hiv drugs if I cant feel good enough to still be the cumdump slut I am and need to be. Please let me know what kind of side effects you have experinced and thanks

I've been pretty vocal in another thread about my perception that doctors are giving poz guys ARVs too early and too aggressively. When you'll be on medications for 20, 40, 60+ years the long-term effects of the medications can be worse than the disease they're supposed to treat.

i take more than 2 dozen pills a day, many for side effects of other pills. zofran, immodium, marinol, pepcid, claritin, lescol, ubiquinol and arimidex r all for dealing with the effects of other drugs...

I see Tony's situation as my nightmare scenario. I've talked to Tony in person about some of these issues and I respect his choice to make informed decisions about his health, but I personally would choose the exact opposite treatment plan if I were in his shoes. I'd delay taking meds as long as possible and then take as few as possible.

• Administrators
i personally delayed meds for to long and had total failure of several combos so at this point i don't any options left but to left nature run its course

Agreed - there is a point at which you need to take meds - and you went past that point. But taking them immediately after being pozzed, seems to early, and taking over 2 dozen pills a day seems excessive.

@cumdrainer4u:

You have to keep in mind that there are side effects to not being on any medication, too. From unchecked viral replication itself, from susceptibility to opportunistic diseases (which might also make you feel unwell and lower your sex drive) as well as from a reduced immune response. E.g.: Every day normal body cells have defects and turn into (what will later become) cancer cells. The immune system snuffs them out. Say your immune system is only working at 30% for 10 years until you go on meds. The damage done during these 10 years will also have an effect on the next 20, 30 years after that.

Nobody gets a medal for going on meds as early as possible - or as late as possible. The important question is: At which point in time will the side effects and long-term effects of not being on meds outweigh the downsides of being on meds. That question is for you (and your doctor).

I don't want to frighten you, but I think it is only honest to expect some side effects EITHER WAY. That doesn't mean you won't be able to handle it. But one shouldn't decide to go bareback thinking HIV is all fun and games.

Edited by GermanFucker

@cumdrainer4u:

You have to keep in mind that there are side effects to not being on any medication, too. From unchecked viral replication itself, from susceptibility to opportunistic diseases (which might also make you feel unwell and lower your sex drive) as well as from a reduced immune response. E.g.: Every day normal body cells have defects and turn into (what will later become) cancer cells. The immune system snuffs them out. Say your immune system is only working at 30% for 10 years until you go on meds. The damage done during these 10 years will also have an effect on the next 20, 30 years after that.

Nobody gets a medal for going on meds as early as possible - or as late as possible. The important question is: At which point in time will the side effects and long-term effects of not being on meds outweigh the downsides of being on meds. That question is for you (and your doctor).

Germanfucker that is good point to make to weigh the positive and negative on the meds

A crap, the edit button doesn't work anymore, I wanted to rewrite the last part.

My point is: Being adult sometimes means to choose between two less-then-ideal options. Barebacking and accepting the risks should be a concious decision, knowing that there is no miracle strategy. Not when it comes to avoiding HIV, not when it comes to going on meds. You have to weigh the pros and cons and decide what is right for you (even if that goes just for a specific point in time) and then not worry about it too much.

Instead, live life to the fullest, fuck around and enjoy yourself.

My first instinct was to post something saying "no meds, no side effects" but I realized that isn't possible for everyone. My docs thought I was an elite controller when I was fist diagnosed (cd4 560, viral load 66) and it turns out I have bad levels and good levels but my cd4s went up to over 1000 and have stayed there for a long time. I've been healthy with no immune related issues.

They are really aggressive here since getting people on meds seems to be more of a public policy thing about reducing transmission -- they just want to get us all to undetectable. The stuff about the spread of the virus into the brain and other tissues seems to be an attempt to grasp at some rationale for handing out meds. One of my docs told me she'd rather have me on meds for ten years and avoid dementia than take the risk of waiting until I'm at an AIDS diagnosis to start meds.

The long term effect of these meds are unknown, and since I'm not symptomatic I'm avoiding taking anything until I need to. I was in a PEP study (post-exposure prophylaxis, to see if drugs can prevent HIV after you've been exposed to it) back when I was neg and they had me taking a combo regimen... When I tested poz six months after the study ended it turned out my virus was resistant to those meds.

Anyway, I totally get why someone would want to go on meds as a preventative measure. It's just not something I'd do until there's more science to convince me that it's necessary. Everyone needs to find their own comfort zone, and It really is important to do the labs and have those conversations with your docs to make the best choice for you.

Edited by calrockxxx

Guest Porthos

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have been on Atripla (a 3 component ARV) for 4 years now and have had no side effects. My Doc, with my enthusiastic approval after a lot of research and discussion started me on meds soon after diagnosis with a CD4 of 511 and Vl of 47000. Good numbers, but a moderate viral load. My feeling was I would have to start meds eventually. Over a 40-50 year period why wait 1 or 2 years and risk damage to my immune system. Lets face it, only a very small number of people, less than 5% are elite controllers, whose body can control the virus without meds.

Seeing a doc 3 times a year has made me much more conscious of my health. I exercise 6 days a week, control my weight and my cholesterol and triglycerides are great.

Other than testing positive for an HIV antibody test, every other test would be comporable to a healthy 50 year old man.