Are Gays More Racist?

HungLatinDom

I don't mind when someone says "I don't like (insert race/type) people as sex partners" as it makes it clear to everyone involved, including me at times! Awhile back I was so fucking hot for this guy who lives in my building. We work out in the gym in our complex and we've talked in the elevators and halls when we meet (you know small talk.) Then I saw him on gay.com where he said he is only interested in dating black men only (we're both white.) So now that I knew I just moved on. Frustrated as I missed out, but I moved on.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wikipedia defines racism as the belief that inherent different traits in human racial groups justify discrimination. Discrimination is the prejudicial treatment of an individual based on their membership in a certain group or category. It involves the actual behaviors towards groups such as excluding or restricting members of one group from opportunities that are available to another group. It involves excluding or restricting members of one group from opportunities that are available to other groups.

I make choices based on what I prefer. Does this make me a racist?

How could you call someone like that friends.

That's a damn good question. My wife is convinced they're not really like that and that they just do it cause they know it winds me up. And lots of times the comments are made in a joking manner, but they're so frequent I think there is some real racism behind it. The other thing is that they don't know I'm bi, so if we ended our friendship, I'm sure they'd say it was because I was prejudiced towards gays. How's that for irony?

• 7 months later...

I think gay guys are not more racist but seem to follow racial stereotypes. As a black guy I always get comments like 'I love big black dick' and 'love to be dominated by black guys'. Just because I am black, most guys presume I want to dominate white guys with my big dick, which is not true at all.

Class isn't really discussed much in the US. We have the poor, lower middle class, middle class, upper middle class, the rich and the ultra wealthy. I don't think I'm any better or worse than any other class.

I think what's also interesting is that in gay sex culture--bathhouses, hook-ups, grindr, etc.--once the clothes come off, class differences are hidden. If I'm in a bathhouse, other than the guy being able to pay the fee, I can't really tell what social class he is. The usual items that signify class--clothes, hairstyle,etc. are gone. However, physical classifications such as race, age, body-type, are still evident.

I will say that my experience is that I went through a phase of whites-only (I'm white) and within that, I was very choosy..wanted the athletic build, masculine, jocky type--not an uncommon preference on the gay personals. But once I realized what I was doing was going after the sort of preppy, pretty, popular, jock guys who made my life a living hell in high school. I was more of an exclusive top during that period, and with much soul-searching, I realized my racism, body-ism, etc. stemmed from my own insecurities and my need to dominate the sort who had picked on me.

Once i Realized that, I saw how shallow I was and I began to enjoy the variety of both men and roles I could have, I became quite happier.

People who are gay can be as racist as people who are straight; however, it has been my experience in the Midwest (and more specifically one of the most racially segregated cities in America) that gay people as a whole are less racially prejudice than heterosexual people. Grant it, there may be groups of individuals within the gay community who are more racist then I am aware of, and I just don't associate with them or have not been exposed to them.

Gays are far MORE racist, believe it or not. Just my experiences and personal opinion.

I totally agree with your statement. I find it funny how most of the black guys are the ones saying that gay men are more racist.

I too hate phrases like "Big Black Cock". Why do you have to refer to the color of my dick? It irritates me to now end and I'll leave.

Edited by TabulaRasa