Important: What's Allowed Here & What's Not

Hello,

we are just wondering if those topics may be subject to infraction.

In context of SCIENCE FICTION - a virus with human abilities tries to enjoy sex with a human being. This question makes us laugh a little, but one of us demanded if this can be considered "bestiality". We have read about werewolves with humans, humans becoming monsters, and so on, why not HIV enjoying the whole experience together with his... its... their, humans?

And, would it be "bestiality" if a dog comes and licks the main character's feet while two guys are having sex? For jealousy or whatever reason. This can be a part of the story we can of course let go, it adds nothing to the meaning of it.

We already got an infraction for our first shot, because of two incorrect behaviours: one was regarding some characters we took as inspiration from another story here but we didn't worry about formally asking the characters' creator, we just said "thanks to [author] to have inspired us with these characters" but of course this is not sufficient.

Enthusiasm, rush, whatever, in that situation we have understood we were wrong and totally changed our initial idea.

The second one though, was regarding harming people but we had no intention to harm, it was the opposite suggestion a character gave to another:

"if you go through [damage] you'll do it on your own, I don't follow you at all in this path!"

The character was discouraging the other about wrong choices.

But in that case too, we changed it all. This is your house, not ours, and as far as we can notice here, being so strict in rules is the only way to keep a community like this, as safe as possible.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, PozTales said:

Hello,

we are just wondering if those topics may be subject to infraction.

In context of SCIENCE FICTION - a virus with human abilities tries to enjoy sex with a human being. This question makes us laugh a little, but one of us demanded if this can be considered "bestiality". We have read about werewolves with humans, humans becoming monsters, and so on, why not HIV enjoying the whole experience together with his... its... their, humans?

And, would it be "bestiality" if a dog comes and licks the main character's feet while two guys are having sex? For jealousy or whatever reason. This can be a part of the story we can of course let go, it adds nothing to the meaning of it.

Moderator's Note: Neither of those things is a problem. 

• Moderators
On 6/17/2022 at 2:35 PM, PozTales said:

The second one though, was regarding harming people but we had no intention to harm, it was the opposite suggestion a character gave to another:

"if you go through [damage] you'll do it on your own, I don't follow you at all in this path!"

The character was discouraging the other about wrong choices.

I believe this might have been OK if the story had made clear that the specially engineered virus was not in fact harmful.  It is possible that your English skills (which are just fine, by the way) were not up to the challenge. If you'd like help with checking over your work for things like that before you post it, I'd be willing to lend a hand - just PM me.

In that case, the smart virus was not the issue. It was a character who was afraid of meds and the other lost his patience, telling him the consequence of his actions but now we have changed it all and take more care of words we use, so, for us, it can be considered old business. 

• 11 months later...

Unfinished stories (of which there are so many on here), are frustrating.

It's far from easy to replicate the writing style of another person. Additionally, my spelling; grammar and punctuation skills are only 'average'. Even so, when I reach the end of an incomplete 'tale', I am occasionally tempted to draft a suitable 'last chapter'.

Does the site Admin have any objections or pre-conditions, i.e. the original author has ceased to be a member of the site or remains a member but has not posted / signed in for at least a year or more?

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Knightfalconer said:

Unfinished stories (of which there are so many on here), are frustrating.

It's far from easy to replicate the writing style of another person. Additionally, my spelling; grammar and punctuation skills are only 'average'. Even so, when I reach the end of an incomplete 'tale', I am occasionally tempted to draft a suitable 'last chapter'.

Does the site Admin have any objections or pre-conditions, i.e. the original author has ceased to be a member of the site or remains a member but has not posted / signed in for at least a year or more?

Moderator's Note: If the author of the story is still posting here regularly, please respect their rights to their story and their characters and leave it alone.

If the author has been gone for a while or gives you permission, you can post your own continuation in a new thread. Say if the story were called "That Chaser Charlie," you should post "That Chaser Charlie - A Continuation by Knightfalconer." You can post a link at the end of the old story to direct people to your new thread. If you aren't sure how to do the link, I will be happy to help. 

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

Could you please summarize this into ONE post at the beginning so we don't have to read through four pages of other peoples comments and questions to understand what's ok? And keep that post updated as the rules change, please.
I read the first part and wrote accordingly, only to later be informed that it was only a fraction of the rules and that I was in fact breaking them... Now I have to rewrite and apparently cannot delete my other post or edit it... All very confusing...

• Moderators
7 hours ago, swede said:

Could you please summarize this into ONE post at the beginning so we don't have to read through four pages of other peoples comments and questions to understand what's ok? And keep that post updated as the rules change, please.
I read the first part and wrote accordingly, only to later be informed that it was only a fraction of the rules and that I was in fact breaking them... Now I have to rewrite and apparently cannot delete my other post or edit it... All very confusing...

The rules are in this post. We try to update this one post with links the relevant threads elaborating on the rules. 

• Thanks 1

Right, but that’s posted under general discussion, not here. And with links to other posts with links to other posts and so on… 

Just a friendly suggestion, you can do whatever you want with it:

I suppose you can change the source code of this community? so create a separate page containing all the rules in one page (that should be closed for comments, discussions about the rules can be had in general discussion forum), then put a permanent link to it in the top of all the forums so all of it leads to one page that holds all the info needed. It’ll be a better overview and no need for posters to search and read through page after page of irrelevant stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 9:35 AM, swede said:

I suppose you can change the source code of this community? 

Generally, no, I don't think the owner of the forum can "change the source code" of anything. There are configurable options, but this is a third-party software package for hosting a discussion forum. So outside of the configuration options provided I don't think change is possible.

I think the reason each forum has its own "What's allowed here" or "Read Before Posting" (or similar) topic is that the rules vary from section to section. For instance, any discussion of bug-chasing outside of the broad "Backroom" section is against the rules, but here, it's fine. There are things you can post in the politics sub-forum that are discouraged, if not outright banned, in the general discussion areas. And so on.

• Like 1