How bad was your fuck flu?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. How bad was your fuck flu?

• So bad I got hospitalized
    • Pretty bad
    • Unpleasant, but not horrible
    • Mild
    • Didn't have fuck flu or didn't notice it

Moderator's Note: This is one of a trio of posts the others being...

1. How Long After Infection Did It Take To Get Fuck Flu?

2. How Long Did Your Fuck Flu Symptoms Last?

If you haven't voted/commented on those threads, please do.

When you first got converted, bow was your fuck flu? Was it nasty and did it turn you on knowing that you nuts were filling up with toxic man-juice?

• Administrators

The follow up to this question is has your experience with HIV mirrored your fuck flu experience? I heard of a study once that said a mild fuck flu probably means you'll have a relatively easy time being poz, where a bad fuck flu means trouble with HIV in the future.

• Upvote 1

The follow up to this question is has your experience with HIV mirrored your fuck flu experience? I heard of a study once that said a mild fuck flu probably means you'll have a relatively easy time being poz, where a bad fuck flu means trouble with HIV in the future.

Just the opposite in my case. I was in the ICU during my seroconversion and was sick for over a month. 4.5 years later I'm UD and not on meds at all (never have been).

My fuck flu in 1988 was not bad at all. I was out of work for 3 days. The first day I stayed in bed with a fever. The second day hung around and on day three painted my living room. Did not start taking meds until 1996. Now have a high t-cell count and UD.

• Upvote 1

It seems "pretty bad" is the most common. I haven't had it yet cause I'm neg but when I convert I'll be ok with pretty bad. Hospital does not sound good. Also I hope it doesnt just go unnoticed cause I want to feel it.

• Upvote 1

Fuck flu was definitely "pretty bad" for me. Sick for 2+ weeks, fever, aches, chills, bone crushing fatigue. I definitely knew what it was and was super turned on but was really knocked out by it. Haven't had any problems since converting 7 years ago but do seem to have a fairly powerful strain. Had a quick and steady decline of T cells and within 5 years was on the verge of an aids diagnoses.

• Thanks 1

My fuck flu wasn't too bad, and I was sick for 3-4 days. When I was diagnosed, my T-Cells were 1080 and my VL was 500-1000. I went 6 or 7 years without meds. I partied hard with crystal meth, and my VL went through the roof. Right now my T-Cells are 700-800s, and my VL is undetectable.

• 2 weeks later...

fuck, it all depends on how strong your immune system is as to how bad the fuck flu gets. This is the period where guys that have been bugged get the most scared, not knowing what going to happen. There is no medications to help you get thru it, so you have to just bare the situation. Some last a few days, other weeks. Most guys seem to be ok once the sickness is over. Then you have the choice of doing meds or staying off them, depending on what your mission is and relationships with other guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in bed for nearly a week. The night sweats were so bad I had to sleep on a towel and keep a stack of towels next to the bed because I had to change the towel several times through the night. I still remember it as the worst flu of my life. I was diagnosed a couple of months later (confirmed on Christmas Eve - merry fuckin christmas). I didn't start meds until about a year and half later when my viral load went off the scale and CD4 hovered near AIDS levels. I had no problems with the meds and responded perfectly. Undetectable now and average CD4.

• Upvote 1