234 members have voted

1. 1. How bad was your fuck flu?

• So bad I got hospitalized
    • Pretty bad
    • Unpleasant, but not horrible
    • Mild
    • Didn't have fuck flu or didn't notice it

• 2 weeks later...

I know for sure it was at least week. My mom is a nurse and I was home on spring break. She said she suspected what it was right away but didn’t tell me. I didn’t figure it out right away. All I can say is that it’s like the flu but more extreme. I had the worst headache I have ever had. When you say body aches it’s like a 12 on a scale from one to 10. I almost went to the hospital but thought against it because my mom was around.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was 21 and had been doing a lot of pnp for the last year. When The fuck flu hit me it was so bad they put me in the hospital I was there for 4 days my body weight went from 120 to 100. It took me a month to feel normal again. The one nice thing about newly poz I had raging hard dick and wanted to fuck. 

• Like 4

On 3/10/2019 at 6:10 AM, Dirtyfuckboy said:

I mistook my fuck flu for a chem comedown. Was one hell of a binge, naive fucker I was! Last few fuckers I gifted ended up in hospital which does how strong my strain is getting! Happy days!!!!

I mistook my fuck-flu for just a bad winter cold - aches, pains and shivers for a couple of days - it was snowing at the time! As I had, previously and incorrectly, come to the assumption that I was immune, the subsequent positive test (as part of an application for a mortgage life-insurance policy) result in the summer of that year came as a bit of a surprise.  

@rawTOPmentioned earlier in the thread, that he had read that the milder the fuck-flu, the less destructive power the virus has (or words to that effect).  Given my fuck-flu wasn't too bad, that could potentially explain why I appeared to be a slow progressor with my v/l only gradually increasing to four figures and CD4 staying relatively stable within a two year period after diagnosis. I guess that could be the case, but I can't help feeling a little cheated that the fuck-flu didn't hit me harder so that I could have fully recognised it at the time. 

If only my gifter could have been @Dirtyfuckboy - the thought of being sent to hospital with the fuck-flu is, to me anyway, such a turn-on. While I have read that HIV superinfection (i.e. reinfection) is rare, I think that is partly why, to an extent, I still consider myself to  a chaser. I am still living in hope that I'll be able to re-infect with a stronger strain. So, I can only dream that I meet someone like Dirtyfuckboy to work towards that superinfection! 

• Like 1

If an undetected stops taking the medicines, how long will it take before the virals go up and will be detectable again? Few days, few weeks?

I'm asking because I'm not very good with medicines. I take pills for diabetes 2, but I forget taking them when I'm traveling, and I travel close to a hundred days a year. But my doctor doesn't notice on blood tests after a trip, and it's almost down to what's normal for someone who doesn't have diabetes.

Edited by bberik
Added more info.

9 minutes ago, bberik said:

If an undetected stops taking the medicines, how long will it take before the virals go up and will be detectable again? Few days, few weeks?

I'm asking because I'm not very good with medicines. I take pills for diabetes 2, but I forget taking them when I'm traveling, and I travel close to a hundred days a year. But my doctor doesn't notice on blood tests after a trip, and it's almost down to what's normal for someone who doesn't have diabetes.

From what I understand missing like a day or two may not be bad (but then again depending on what strain one has plays a part?) But longer the period between taking and not taking increases the risk of it becoming drug resistant if memory serves me correctly 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sydneybbfucker
On 5/1/2019 at 9:26 AM, bberik said:

Best estimate is two weeks for the residual meds to clear fully from your system. That means that the virus will then be able to start to multiply again but it would take time to reach detectable levels - but that would be totally dependent on many factors. Best advice is make taking your meds a habit and align them to meals - even when travelling you'll still eat breakfast and in the evening.

On 4/30/2019 at 12:15 AM, Veytoss said:

Can I ask you what happened after that? 

What about your parents? 

They are supportive but restrictive. They see it as a chronic condition, not a moral one, and I think that's because I had a great doctor who worked with them separately from me. It also helps that both are medical professionals.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Mine was quite bad, but not hospital bad (thankfully).

It wasn't really flu-like in the sense of having congestion or anything like that.  My biggest problem was having really bad night sweats.  I'd wake up at around 2 or 3 a.m. to find my entire body, sheets, clothes, and even hair completely soaked.  I had longer hair at the time, and I distinctly remember being able to grab a pony-tail sized portion and being able to actually wring it out - complete with dripping and such.  In conjunction, I had lost pretty much all of my appetite and lost around 10 kg inside of a week.  This made going out and about difficult as I felt constantly weak to the point where I couldn't stand for longer than 5 min. at a time.

I knew when I went to the urgent care clinic after that first bad night what the issue was going to be.  The doctor I saw that visit was very calming, and really helped put me at ease; I was pretty scared at this point.  They called me to go back in about 2 days later to break the news - unfortunately this was a different doctor and she was less than helpful, and that's putting it nicely.  That's a story for another thread, though.

I don't really remember but I'm pretty sure my symptoms were mild or non-existant.  I went to a party with the guy who infected me-pretty sure it was him.  It was some of his poz friends and they were talking to me like I was already poz which I was.  It was only a few days after I was infected.  I think the virus set up shop fairly quickly.  

• Like 1