1. 1. How bad was your fuck flu?

• So bad I got hospitalized
    • Pretty bad
    • Unpleasant, but not horrible
    • Mild
    • Didn't have fuck flu or didn't notice it

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:40 AM, timfreo said:

May have mine coming on now. 4 weeks and 2 weeks after taking loads from unmedicated guys . Running a temperature this morning

wish you every success

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I'm thinking about going and getting tested myself in the morning the past four or five days I've been very sick incredibly weak I couldn't work for 3 days and now I'm having difficulty breathing I was going to get a home test on my way home but the ghetto ass Walgreens wanted fifty bucks for it and I just can't spare that.  At the end of January over a few days I took three unmedicated loads and two direct blood slams and that timing seems to correspond with what some others have posted.

Guest JackEdJIZZ

I stopped PrEP on 4/1/2018 (yeah april fools day).   I was exposed to the virus (quite intentionally) 12 or so days later.    Took a couple week break due to work travel, then resumed my chase.   First or 2ond of May resulted in my first symptoms.    I woke up three nights in a row with horrendous night sweats before it dawned on my I was POZ.    Started other symptoms soon after---rash, headaches, some breathing issues.    For two weeks it was hell to say the least.   It started toning down my end of May and by July 1 I was symptom free.

Even as an active chaser, there is an "oh hell" moment when you realized how you feel is just a warning of what is going on within your body.   Perhaps on of the biggest thrills of my life was that third night of nightsweats....and realizing, my conversion was well underway.

I missed a few days of work.    Was really lethargic for most of the time.    Got a confirming test on 5/4 and had my first sex (bottom) as a confirmed POZ man that night.   A couple days later, I gifted the first time (while feeling horrible).   We continued for a few weeks and he he was having symptoms before my symptoms were fully gone.   He spent 2 weeks in hospital/home care as his flu was very difficult.    As soon as he was healthy, he started sharing as well.   His first conversion had no symptoms at all.   Was a younger (20ies) twink who never showed a sign of the bug....until his BF ended up sick as a dog.   His BF was a neighbor at the time......and was painfully sick when he converted......certainly the longest time with symptoms of anyone in my strain sharing chain.   Even though all four of us share the same strain, we all had very different experiences.     

But for each of us, that moment of realization that we were POZ remains a very strong memory.

1 hour ago, JackEdJIZZ said:

I stopped PrEP on 4/1/2018 (yeah april fools day).   I was exposed to the virus (quite intentionally) 12 or so days later.    Took a couple week break due to work travel, then resumed my chase.   First or 2ond of May resulted in my first symptoms.    I woke up three nights in a row with horrendous night sweats before it dawned on my I was POZ.    Started other symptoms soon after---rash, headaches, some breathing issues.    For two weeks it was hell to say the least.   It started toning down my end of May and by July 1 I was symptom free.

Even as an active chaser, there is an "oh hell" moment when you realized how you feel is just a warning of what is going on within your body.   Perhaps on of the biggest thrills of my life was that third night of nightsweats....and realizing, my conversion was well underway.

I missed a few days of work.    Was really lethargic for most of the time.    Got a confirming test on 5/4 and had my first sex (bottom) as a confirmed POZ man that night.   A couple days later, I gifted the first time (while feeling horrible).   We continued for a few weeks and he he was having symptoms before my symptoms were fully gone.   He spent 2 weeks in hospital/home care as his flu was very difficult.    As soon as he was healthy, he started sharing as well.   His first conversion had no symptoms at all.   Was a younger (20ies) twink who never showed a sign of the bug....until his BF ended up sick as a dog.   His BF was a neighbor at the time......and was painfully sick when he converted......certainly the longest time with symptoms of anyone in my strain sharing chain.   Even though all four of us share the same strain, we all had very different experiences.     

But for each of us, that moment of realization that we were POZ remains a very strong memory.

sounds like you have a very potent strain

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, poztwink said:

I had to stay home for days. That's how my folks found out

How did they react when you went to hospital or saw a doctor and tested Poz? Did you go on meds immediately?

On 2/17/2020 at 4:50 AM, Phxdork said:

I'm thinking about going and getting tested myself in the morning the past four or five days I've been very sick incredibly weak I couldn't work for 3 days and now I'm having difficulty breathing I was going to get a home test on my way home but the ghetto ass Walgreens wanted fifty bucks for it and I just can't spare that.  At the end of January over a few days I took three unmedicated loads and two direct blood slams and that timing seems to correspond with what some others have posted.

You can go to a local HIV/AIDS org or STD clinic and get tested for free, or better yet go to a hospital as you are having trouble breathing and get tested for COVID and HIV, Hep C, etc.

On 4/30/2019 at 1:32 PM, rawmonster said:

sorry to sound naive but what is a fuck flu? 

A symptom of HIV seroconversion. I am negative but friends who are POZ said it was like the worst flu they ever had, they had a very high fever and were delerious and had difficulty walking, and others became very sick and went blind from CMV.

Honestly I wish I had a very severe fuck flu, that way I would have started the treatment much early, it took me many years to start. I started with a cd4 count of 18 and huge viral load, hospitalized with many symptoms and it fucked me up for at least 2 years where I couldn't do basic life things, destroyed my career prospectus.

3 hours ago, TotalTop said:

A symptom of HIV seroconversion. I am negative but friends who are POZ said it was like the worst flu they ever had, they had a very high fever and were delerious and had difficulty walking, and others became very sick and went blind from CMV.

CMV is itself a fairly mild virus that's ordinarily easily treatable if it's caught reasonably early. If left untreated for years it can wreak havoc in a person's system, particularly as their immune system collapses, but absolute blindness from a CMV infection is a sign of advanced AIDS, not seroconversion fuck-flu.

• Like 2

The illness that I am quite certain was my seroconversion put me in the hospital in 2011. Among the tests I was given to determine the cause of my illness was a test for HIV infection.

That test came back negative.

False negative.

Because of that false negative, they treated my symptoms until they diminished and finally sent me home saying they thought it was some kind if virus but didn’t know what kind.

As far as they knew, however, it wasn’t HIV. Their test said it wasn’t.

Three years later I was back in the same hospital with a CD4 count of 49 and a viral load of 85,000. Because I had gone untreated for three years after a seroconversion serious enough to hospitalize me. Because of medical ignorance, overconfidence, incompetence, or some combination thereof.

To be fair, I also had had some of the shittiest luck conceivable - after that false negative, I had three other HIV tests also come back false negative. Three. That’s four in a row. What are the chances?

• Like 1