How bad was your fuck flu?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. How bad was your fuck flu?

• So bad I got hospitalized
    • Pretty bad
    • Unpleasant, but not horrible
    • Mild
    • Didn't have fuck flu or didn't notice it

For me, in late 2003, I got real sick, vomiting, had the runs constantly, couldn't eat/drink, loss weight fast. After 5 weeks, looked like a skeleton. Even my buds told me I was poz. Drs couldn't figured out what was wrong, finally was told I was allergic to grains. Went on a diet and got better. Then in 2009, was being treated for skin cancer, and was then told I tested for AIDS. So I think the Drs missed what actually was wrong with me back in 2003.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

curious how many of the poz guys on here had noticable symptoms in the immediate period after they converted? how severe were they? and what was the lag period between the infection and the acute infection symptoms?

have seen different information about it online, but it's obviously all generalised, be interesting to hear some first hand experiences

• Downvote 1

I was laid up in bed with chronic fatigue for over 2 weeks. I could barely make it to the bathroom at times. I had no idea it might be fuck flu though (I thought I was in a monogamous relationship). It was only a couple of years later when I was hospitalised with pneumonia that I found out I was poz. I was able to connect my fatigue to fuck flu at this point!

Serconverted in retrospect in 1980 (we didn't know there was a virus out there). Had what appeared to be the grandparents of all flu plus a rash. STD clinic didn't recognise the rash - I'd only gone because a housemate had serconverted and had secondary syph at the same time and was afraid it might be syph. If only. Seven years later had it confirmed, started meds in 89 and I'm still here.

• 1 year later...

Came down with the flu one day. Was sick for 4 days. Since I was chasing & had recently poz slammed with a fb, he was really into pozzing me, as soon as I realized it was the flu I became very horny. Even though I was very sick & wasn't in the mood to jack off, I did message my breeder & invited him over to watch me sero-convert. Tested POZ a few months later

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was diagnosed in July 2011 after I returned from a work trip to Las Vegas. I converted earlier that year, but only had a low fever, when I went to my MD they said I had something, can't recall what it was, however they gave me an antibiotic and sent me on my way. The drugs helped with the fever however it came back a few weeks later, it wasn't anything serious under 100 degrees. After a bit of confusion and a referal from my MD I went and saw the ID doc and my original blood work was VL was 380,000 and my CD4 was 1577, she put on Atripla which worked on the HIV but shot my Triglicerids through the roof. Now am on Complera and my CD4 is still up in the same range and I am UD and my Triglicerids are much lower and in a normal range.

I never had the fuck flu...was symptom free...

Back in October of 2010 was diagnosed while i was in the hospital for a skin cancer surgery...was in an induced coma for a bit and when I came too, had lost 2 days...was informed that I was Poz...didn't understand how as it had been over 3 months since I had last had sex with someone (was in one of my low sex cycles) and thought I had been tested regularly for hiv whenever I had routine blood work done...there was a checkbox on the form about hiv permission...always presumed no news was good news...after the fact found out if they test you, they are required to give you the results either way...ends up it was only permission for them to test for it, not that they were doing it.

Anyway, the confirmation test revealed that not only was I poz, but full blown AIDS...VL was over 2 million..started on meds immediately and followup after 2nd followup test was undetectable with every subsequent test the bad numbers getting even lower and the good numbers higher.

• Like 1

I've never been so sick in all my life. Could barely even get out of bed to go the 20 ft to my bathroom. Never had diareah or night sweats, but made the exorcist look tame when it came throwing up. Lasted that bad for over a week, then got better. Fatigue lasted for 9 months and had other weird blood issues. Am still anemic after 1 year and a half, but have been undetectable since a month after I started meds and my CD4 cells are over 700 and go up a little more everytime I have blood work.

Mine was pretty horrible. I direct slammed 2 cc of poz blood and a week later I could barely get the fuck out of bed. Lasted about a week and tested poz right at the end of the week by PCR because I was sure of what it was. The worst were the sores in my mouth/throat to the point that all I could eat was ice cream. That said, as long as I had enough ibuprofen in me it was manageable, but as soon as it wore off I knew it. I had one night of the night sweats (the first night). Never really got the shits, but that could have been that it was too painful to eat...That said, I was still at IML (sick as fuck) and tried to have a tolerably good time. Mostly I was just tired all the time for maybe a few weeks...

• Like 2

Mine did not fully hit me until 4 years after exposure. The doctors guessed that until then my immune system was some how keeping it in check until I came down with stage 4 terminal normal pneumonia. (I was moving in the rain during the winter - stupid move - caught the winter flu and ignored it) Until that point, I would have boughs of aches and pains and light flu symptoms. When I did check in, my vl was over 18+ million (off charts) and wbc of 2(AIDS). It took a week in hospital to stabilize me then I went home.

It is almost 6 years later, my wbc is 385 and doctors say it will never get over 400 and been undetectable as long as I stay on my meds. I have found out I have a very aggressive strain. A nurse accidentally jabbed herself while I was in hospital. She seroconverted in 2 weeks with a collapsed immune system. So even at undetectable level the doctor's told me to be careful. -

• Like 1

I had an unprotected breeding sexual encounter last week Sunday. I slept 14 hours Monday. Probably by Wednesday had a low level sore throat, but nothing major. Today I noticed coughing.

Something is going around at school, or is it the fuck flu? It just happened right after. I also noticed a bruise on my leg and arm today, but I was moving boxes all day yesterday. They looked like normal bruises, nothing out of the ordinatry.

• 5 years later...
Guest Sydneybbfucker

Got infected from a bloodslam on Sunday afternoon. 15 days later I was sick as a parrot in bed for three miserable but welcome days.

Stay hydrated and take painkillers. Acetaminophen or paracetamol help with fever. And enjoy.