Read this before you post

rawTOP

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Ranger Rick said:

I have blocked a few. Because reasons. 

I am not sure how much it helps. I don't have the luxury of being able to block people. 

10 minutes ago, drscorpio said:

@viking8x6that sounds like it would work, but I have my doubts. There are 3 dedicated hookup ads sections in the Backroom. One is clearly marked for bottoms to start threads and another for tops to start threads. Each section has a description at the top of the forum making it clear who should post there. At the top of the tops' forum is a stickied post again warning that only tops should start posts there. Every week, we have to move 2 or 3 posts started by bottoms looking for tops out of there. 

i hit the laugh icon on this, then removed it. While i might laugh about this, it's prolly annoying for you guys trying to keep this site on course.  i have seen this on pretty much every site i have been on, bottoms or subs posting ads in areas clearly marked for Tops or Dom's to post their ads.  

i wonder about it. i think language barriers and dyslexia may account for some of it, but i think for the most part it's desperate bottoms trying to give their selves an edge or simply get in front of as many Tops/Doms as they can.  A way to stand out?  Of course, there's always several, so they still fail to achieve unique status. 

1 hour ago, drscorpio said:

I am not sure how much it helps. I don't have the luxury of being able to block people. 

It's helped. Let's just say I haven't missed the folks I've blocked. I found their content gross, but the thing about blocks, hiding, muting is that others who didn't think that content was gross were unaffected by my decision to not have to see that stuff. 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Ranger Rick said:

It's helped. Let's just say I haven't missed the folks I've blocked. I found their content gross, but the thing about blocks, hiding, muting is that others who didn't think that content was gross were unaffected by my decision to not have to see that stuff. 

I get that. Also, don't hesitate to report things you find are offensive. People have been banned for that when they persisted after being told to stop. 

1 hour ago, drscorpio said:

I get that. Also, don't hesitate to report things you find are offensive. People have been banned for that when they persisted after being told to stop. 

If it's something like kiddo pron I would and have reported that. But like pics of prolapsed butt parts, that's just something I'm repulsed by but it's not illegal so I wouldn't report that. There was an image once that literally made me vomit on this forum but it wasn't showing anything illegal. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 10:50 AM, drscorpio said:

I’m not sure why you are so riled up about this. You’ve never had a single infraction. 
The penalty for posting in the wrong section is 3 points. That will only give you a suspension if you already have other infractions. The vast majority of people on the forum (like you) have never received an infraction. Another huge chunk of people get one and then never have another. The only people who find this system burdensome are the ones who want to be allowed to do whatever they like whenever they and persist in this behavior after being corrected. 

If you look about three posts up, you will see I agreed to make an effort to give more information when I give infractions. The “don’t leave a mess” automatic message means you put something in the wrong section.  The place where it has been moved is where it belongs. I had assumed that was enough information, but I am making an effort to give more. 
By far the most common infraction is posting something that belongs in the Backroom (Poz fetish or Chem sex) in the Regional Hookup section. There are several of these every week. 

I was banned recently for not being nice to others. When in fact @T-Girl-Cumdumpster has been a slave of mine for a long time. She doesn't care what I say about her, because it's the truth. The only person who didn't think I was being nice was the mod. She actually laughed and said "Yup that's what I did" in her last message to me. Now I understand if I posted in the wrong section, but my slave was trained not to care and to be humbled by public humiliation. If you didn't like oops! However she loves it!

• Moderators
4 hours ago, PowerTopper said:

I was banned recently for not being nice to others. When in fact @T-Girl-Cumdumpster has been a slave of mine for a long time. She doesn't care what I say about her, because it's the truth. The only person who didn't think I was being nice was the mod. She actually laughed and said "Yup that's what I did" in her last message to me. Now I understand if I posted in the wrong section, but my slave was trained not to care and to be humbled by public humiliation. If you didn't like oops! However she loves it!

Actually, several people reported it including a few who I think were actually clueless. I am aware of your relationship. The fact that you two have a special relationship off the forum doesn’t give you special rights on the forum. You have to follow the rules just like everyone else. If you cannot resist the urge to demean your slave in a post, you need to make sure you let everyone who might happen to read it know about your relationship by starting your post with “As her master ...” or some such words. It always surprises me when people who are clearly into structures and rules in their own lives have so little respect for the rules in other people’s spaces. 

• Upvote 1

I am unsure as to where to post this, so I am taking a chance posting this here. 

I think everyone would agree that sometimes you must wait until part 2, 3, etc, are posted.  I usually catch a story well after its been posted in its totality. (reading stories not in the current year.  I echo IN MY MIND those posts urging the writer to "post more""wish that was me"and all other trite phrases; but i dont post them.  For older stories, the reason is obvious; for current stories i can simply tag someone's comment which is the same as mine.  Less moraine in between actual fiction.    

Also can moderators take action on the war of unnecessary unkind comments either about a story or a person.  Right now I'm reading a story that apparently doesn't meet someone's unofficial rule regarding segment length; too short for this person's taste.  And so the battle wages, but do we need to see this garbonza forever?  Talk about a buzz kill.  (Sorry, I speed read and if it's on the page it goes in my brain. I can't avoid derailing.)

I believe in free speech, but not when it doesn't pertain to the forum theme nor the story theme, it should be excised.

Oh and can someone explain to everyone how to reply to a post without posting another copy of the chapter and with the three word reply?

These comments/questions i post here and not in the middle of someones story because doing so i believe is rude.  These are my own opinions and are not made in anger (loads of frustration tho) or directed at and person, persons, or story.

I believe this is the best gay site I belong to and always encourage bber's to check it out!

TJK

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to be newb but two questions: 

1. Is there a list of banned words? Not trying to exploit this just want to avoid annoying incorrect assumptions when a key word gets replaced with [banned word]. 

2. How do you "like" content? I can see who liked it but not how they do it. 

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
On 7/5/2020 at 4:46 PM, BigBrotherCub said:

Sorry to be newb but two questions: 

1. Is there a list of banned words? Not trying to exploit this just want to avoid annoying incorrect assumptions when a key word gets replaced with [banned word]. 

2. How do you "like" content? I can see who liked it but not how they do it. 

1. There is not a list. I cannot even show you what words are banned because they would not appear. Whether or not you would, people try to get around the bans everyday. 
  2. When you first join the forum,  you are a New Member. You can see this underneath your avatar in a post. New Members are not allowed to rate content. As you continue to post and receive likes, you will automatically be promoted to Junior Member, and you will be able to see the interface in the lower right-hand corner of the post. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2020 at 12:14 PM, tankonpoint said:

Less moraine in between actual fiction.

Why, look at that! I can choose the sentence I wish to comment on without copying the whole ever-lovin’ essay!

This may be decidedly off-point, tankonpoint, but I honestly had never seen the word “moraine” before you employed it here.

Nope, not “more rain,” although we might consider the comments between chapters as a slog. The word is much better than that.

“Moraine is the name for raw glacial debris, the rock that is loosened and carried by glacial ice, then deposited where the ice melts.” That’s from Keweenaw Geoheritage @ geo.mtu.edu

Thank you for that sterling example of a perfectly apropos term, tankonpoint.

And drscorpio, I appreciate the headache we’ve ginned up for you as moderator here, but I also read through the important rules and info rawTOP provided. I’d kinda like to try writing a story, but I don't wanna leave a mess.

Edited by TheAficionado
Elaborated in last paragraph.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, TheAficionado said:

Why, look at that! I can choose the sentence I wish to comment on without copying the whole ever-lovin’ essay!

[snip]

And drscorpio, I appreciate the headache we’ve ginned up for you as moderator here, but I also read through the important rules and info rawTOP provided. I’d kinda like to try writing a story, but I don't wanna leave a mess.

You have to remove the extra yourself. It just takes a moment. 

Then you should write a story. I don't mind helping clean up well-intentioned messes. It's just when people are assholes about things (taking personal offense at infractions, feeling the need to personally abuse me, repeating behavior they have been warned about, ...) that it gets under my skin. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

The rules were made a bit tougher as of yesterday. Please read the following…

In short, STD fetish is now banned because it harms the community. And the kind of AIDS fetish that glorifies becoming sick and/or dying is now also banned for the simple reason that I don't want this site used to promote that level of self-harm.

DO NOT QUESTION THESE NEW POLICIES IN THIS THREAD. THEY'RE NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION. You will get an infraction if you do question the policies – they're explained a number of different ways in the thread linked just above. However, you may ask if something you're planning on posting would violate the policy.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1