I'm 19yo and I've just founf out I'm HIV+

My doctor(s) told this -- " Live your life, enjoy sex and do it however you please - the benefit of blood draws every ninety days allows time to catch anything that is going to creep up and we would rather see you having fun then worrying about it"

So, I continue to take EVERY SINGLE LOAD RAW in my ass. No regrets and I am THRILLED about it!!

• Like 2

I wish I could... it was a few years ago that I saw that article, and then a few others afterward that referenced it... and really haven't heard much since, even though I remember one saying that they were planning to follow up.

I've mentioned it to a few of the doctors I've had and at least two were familiar with it.

It's just one of those things that my brain has filed away as 'common knowledge' because I had heard it in a few different places... but was just long ago enough that I honestly can't recall when or where I saw it. Perhaps your doc may know more specifics.

I do specifically recall that the study was in Europe, and that the CDC had disavowed it without any decision to follow up on their part.

I am long term hiv, over 15 years. The meds effect me more than the BB loads I take. I have this little belly that the doc says is part of the meds working on my fat cells some way. I refuse to believe that I cant get rid of it. I now work out a lot more until I lose that extra 20 lbs. My point is, have fun, fuck, get fucked and live. Your young, so enjoy it mate!!! Dont let life go by and then have regrets!!!

• 6 years later...

I was diagnosed at 19 as well. I am now 39 and very healthy.  I am exclusively a bottom and have never had a condom in me. I am open with my Dr. and he has never told me to be safer. I do agree with the others that the risk is there but in my experience it is rare. Looking back I can only say that my diagnosis was a gift. I was able to express my sexuality more openly and men that I may have been afraid to get close to because of status. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Doctors have to say shit like that to protect themselves. Most of the Care Coordinators are female and push condoms for the County. 

That said, I have gone for quality over quantity and I don’t see taking 20 anonymous loads at a bath house as more pleasure than having a few interesting regulars. Some of the regulars I never knew their name, but when they disappear another seems to show up. 

One country boy did give me a sore throat about the third or fourth time he came over, and the clinic treated me for everything it might be. A fat Negro girl 1/3 my age gave the required lecture on condom use and I listened obediently. 

That boy disappeared for 2 months then showed up as I was leaving for work (my schedule changed) so I never got any more of his germs anyway but I would have... we were just starting some mild WS. An illegal Mexican took his place...

Guest cardoc49
5 hours ago, Pozguyinchi said:

I was diagnosed at 19 as well. I am now 39 and very healthy.  I am exclusively a bottom and have never had a condom in me. I am open with my Dr. and he has never told me to be safer. I do agree with the others that the risk is there but in my experience it is rare. Looking back I can only say that my diagnosis was a gift. I was able to express my sexuality more openly and men that I may have been afraid to get close to because of status. 

thanks for your very fine point here, and so glad that you were able to express more openly your sexuality ! and that you see your diagnosis as a GIFT!!