Other STDs - starting to spook me away from barebacking

My job has moved me around the past several years and in each city there seems to be an outbreak of STDs, specifically syphilis. I've been barebacking for 12 years but it's only been in the last couple of years where twice I've had to get a shot in the butt. On another thread there is a discussion on how often people are getting tested for HIV, but for me the bigger concern is how often are guys getting tested for all STDs period.

Maybe I was just lucky the first 10 years when I started barebacking, but in every city I've lived in the past few years there are clearly outbreaks of syphilis that aren't going away. I've just moved again in the past 3 months and in my current city once again I've found that there is an outbreak of syphilis. I get tested every 3 months and am used to the process but now I actually find myself worrying whether I'll get that call telling me I have to come in and get the shot in the rear. I know it's treatable and I definitely do my part to make sure that I take care of myself, but I'm really getting spooked to the point where I'm seriously thinking of pulling WAY back from further barebacking.

Is anyone else out there seeing a bigger problem with other STDS, even more so than HIV? If so, what are you doing about it?

• Administrators
... in every city I've lived in the past few years there are clearly outbreaks of syphilis that aren't going away. I've just moved again in the past 3 months and in my current city once again I've found that there is an outbreak of syphilis.

Let's see... You move to a new city and fuck the guys bareback and suddenly there's an outbreak of syphilis... Coincidence? lol ;)

No silly. Where I just moved I found a doctor last month and got tested, everything fine but sure enough there were signs posted all over the doctor's office indicating that syphilis was going around big time and has apparently been spiking up for some time. I talked to the doctor and she indicated that she was treating 16 guys for syphilis which spooked me big time. I've seen the same thing in several cities over the last several years where syphilis appeared to be the major STD going around.

I did a quick google search and found the top 10 cities for STDs and I've not lived in any of those so I wonder what guys are doing in those cities. Maybe guys just figure it comes with the territory and I was just lucky for the first decade of barebacking not to have run into it, but it was only the last few years where I ever even thought about other STDs. Now it seems that they are everywhere. It's definitely got me pulling back from barebacking big time.

I have experienced some of the reticence you've been noting in yourself, Rubio2001: the prospects of contracting one type of VD or another really gives me pause when I'm contemplating a night (or afternoon) of debauchery. I occasionally have gone whole-hog, so to speak, but far more often decide not to - just to reduce the likelihood of contracting something. HIV has been, overall, manageable for me, and my doctors and I get along well. I'm not sure I'd be able to face them quite so cavalierly if I had to explain how I contracted syphilis or some other exotic form of VD.

I know my reticence puts a cramp on my sexual outlets, but it's my decision, and I'm not complaining.

• 2 weeks later...

I test every 3 months for Syph and have never had it, though it is big problem here too.

What recently freaked me though is did some Hep screening recently, and was told that sometime in last 3 years since I last screened, I had Hep C but that "my body fought it on its own," according to doctor. Is that even possible?

That makes me think I should be screening for Hep C more often.

While I find BB hot (why i am here) and in the last year have had a few tentative bare encounters I really do use condoms. But on my last trip to the baths I had an odd one. A guy approached me who said he had seen me before and really wanted to fuck me. He was very specific about when he had seen me and I was both flattered and turned on. When I dropped to my knees to suck him he just pulled me up and turned me around and felt my pre-lubed ass. After putting a condom on his very thick cut 8 incher he entered me and ave me a good hard 25 minute fucking. Very verbal, changed positions several times adding some lube each time. When he pulled out I felt a gush from my ass and was imediately concerned that his big dick had burst is condom, or that he had stealthed me, but when I turned around his condom was intact and covering his cock.

As I slid it off I leaned forward to take his cock in my mouth and he pulled away. I figured he was either too sensitive, or perhaps turned off by ass to mouth (even though he had been covered in my ass, I am sure my ass juice was all over his base and pubes). But no, he stopped me saying he was worried bout the antibiotic resistant gonnorrhea thatis going around.

So it is interesting that guys who are cruising baths for anonymous fucks are worried about getting STDs from being sucked. I am pretty much a pure bottom and generally don;t even get sucked by other guys because even the minor risk is not worth it for me when I am more into taking cock, but I never thought that the risk from being sucked was all too big.

On the overall issue, while I have seen the general issue described, I have not seen real stats on exactly how common some of these drug resistant traditional STDs are.

Guys and Gals - Said it once, I'll say it again. YOU PLAY RAW - YOU PAY LATER. Rubio2001 if all you had to get were few shots in the ass, consider yourself lucky. I first got Syphilis when I was 13, so those shots in the ass are like badges of honor too me even to this very day. If getting shots of bicillin or Doxycycline in the ass takes care of it, bring on the needles!! I've had Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis - in stage one and two, HSV1 and HSV2 in my ass and guys knew it and continued to fuck it because they either wanted it or had someone else that they were going to fuck it inside an ass or vagina (Yea, STR8/BI guys have fucked my ass to get infected so they could screw the cunt they were going out with to get rid of it)

During my last round of Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis (Stage two) , HSV1 and HSV2 in my ass I got fucked by many men at IML and some baths in NYC and Philly - if guys are in the mood to fuck and fuck, they don't care and know that "YOU PLAY RAW YOU PAY LATER".

I do get tested now for HIV1 & 2, plus STD's every ninety days. I have had many bicillin shots in my ass, I even tried where I injected my ass with Bicillin before getting fucked by someone that had Syphilis, but since it in Tertiary stage it did nothing. The lower stages of Syphilis and Gonorrhea you can get away with a shot in the ass before sex.

So guys and gals - Quit your bitching - YOU PLAY RAW YOU PAY LATER. Remember, you can test negative at the blood draw, but become infected later.

Amen, Totalasspig, amen. (I'm almost tempted to throw my arms in the air and shout 'hallelujah'). Words to remember: YOU PLAY RAW - YOU PAY LATER. Short and sweet. Now the challenge is to remember the implications of raw play when the opportunity presents itself....

I love bareback and have accepted I will one day be poz, like many on here. What I find alarming is the threads posted by guys actually wanting, even begging for all these other wretched STD's. I mean, are you kidding me with this? Call me crazy but I don't want or even know anyone who wants these diseases. There is absolutely nothing arousing or desirable about them. If a guy proudly came to my door with his Frankencock all leaking pus and fluids and shaft all covered in festering, weeping sores, all he'd get is a face full of pepper spray. I mean, talk about gross! Nasty, nasty, nasty.

I love bareback and have accepted I will one day be poz, like many on here. What I find alarming is the threads posted by guys actually wanting, even begging for all these other wretched STD's. I mean, are you kidding me with this? ...

I agree in many ways with Bearbackstud, but instead of being alarmed, I'm puzzled why anyone who likes having sex so much would want be infected and probably not feel like having sex or being able to have sex. For instance with HIV, I don't know how my body would react and maybe I won't feel like having sex. Or genital herpes, which I think hurts quite a bit. Why would anyone claiming to like sex so much want any diseases that may prevent him from having sex?

That's what puzzles me.