What was your Fuck Flu like?

about 2-3 weeks after taking know poz loads I developed standard flu like things - chills, general weakness, light to moderate body aches and heavy night sweets.. it lasted 6-8 days and I tested POZ a couple weeks later.. and yes I remember well taking those loads on a September 9th.. day before my birthday.. and glad to have been seeded well and being converted.. not on meds..

• Upvote 2

• 3 years later...
Guest Knotmyhole

I never had anything I could call fuck flu

I did have a week (around when I think I might have been pozd) when I felt great lethargy.

Saw a Chinese herbalist who gave the foulest-tasting soup, fixed me up and I felt great.

You are right that some guys never get it. It varies greatly from person to person. For me, it was awful. I've never been so sick. I could barely get out of bed for nearly a week. Fever, aches, only one day of projectile vomiting and diareah, but it took me three weeks to feel well again. I knew immediately something was wrong because I don't get colds or flu normally. It happened 2 1/2 weeks after the fuck that did it to me. And the guy I got it from had similar symptoms before me. I went and got tested for HIV with a fever of over 101 and still tested negative. I tested again 30 days later and there it was.

• Upvote 3

You are right that some guys never get it. It varies greatly from person to person. For me, it was awful. I've never been so sick. I could barely get out of bed for nearly a week. Fever, aches, only one day of projectile vomiting and diareah, but it took me three weeks to feel well again. I knew immediately something was wrong because I don't get colds or flu normally. It happened 2 1/2 weeks after the fuck that did it to me. And the guy I got it from had similar symptoms before me. I went and got tested for HIV with a fever of over 101 and still tested negative. I tested again 30 days later and there it was.

Sounds very much like mine. 

Its estimated about 30% of people get sick like this.  But this is also one of the major reasons HIV is a such an issue.  For those 70% of people that get little to no symptoms, they have no idea they are infected, and thus its much more likely that they will infect others.  

Of the people I know that poz, most didn't have many symptoms of the initial infection.  

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I think I was sick for maybe a couple of days but it happened pretty much after I think I was infected.  I was fucking around witht his guy and I swallowed his load a few times before he told me he was poz.  Wasn't real happy with him.  I met some of his poz friends who were really okay with things.  I think that's when I decided if I was poz, oh well shit happens.

• Upvote 1

Mine felt like the worst flu of my life.  I had the horrible night sweats to the point I slept on a towel and kept a stack of towels by the bed because I had to switch the one I was sleeping on which was soaked with sweat. It lasted about a week. It took about another 3 weeks before I started feeling normal.  Looking back now, I have a good guess that I was infected about 2-3 weeks before I got sick.

A few years ago I got the bird flu (H1N1) and ended up in the hospital with 107 fever.  The fuck-flu felt worse.  

This past week was the 14th anniversary of that suspected infection.

Its estimated about 30% of people get sick like this.  But this is also one of the major reasons HIV is a such an issue.  For those 70% of people that get little to no symptoms, they have no idea they are infected, and thus its much more likely that they will infect others.  

Of the people I know that poz, most didn't have many symptoms of the initial infection.  

Any correlation between the fuck flu and HIV progression?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any correlation between the fuck flu and HIV progression?

I haven't read any articles on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some out there.  Its also important to remember that a huge number of complications can occur between initial infection and end stage AIDS.  For example if someone gets an acute HIV infection while already sick with a cold, it it going to make both much worse.  However that doesn't mean that just because someone has a cold that they have a very weak immune system.

If I was just guessing I would probably say that a strong initial infection could possible be indicative of a person who may progress in a slightly more rapid manner, but thats only a guess, and I would also surmise, and I am sure that most medical professionals would agree that a healthy lifestyle after initial infection is probably more important.   

I haven't read any articles on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some out there.  Its also important to remember that a huge number of complications can occur between initial infection and end stage AIDS.  For example if someone gets an acute HIV infection while already sick with a cold, it it going to make both much worse.  However that doesn't mean that just because someone has a cold that they have a very weak immune system.

If I was just guessing I would probably say that a strong initial infection could possible be indicative of a person who may progress in a slightly more rapid manner, but thats only a guess, and I would also surmise, and I am sure that most medical professionals would agree that a healthy lifestyle after initial infection is probably more important.   

My doctor told me that people with really strong immune systems are the ones that get so sick with fuck flu because it is the immune system's response to the virus invading the body that makes you feel so sick. I feel lucky that I got so sick because I knew immediately that something was going on. Otherwise I could have infected others and not gotten on meds as early as I did, which I believe will benefit me long term.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

My doctor told me that people with really strong immune systems are the ones that get so sick with fuck flu because it is the immune system's response to the virus invading the body that makes you feel so sick. I feel lucky that I got so sick because I knew immediately that something was going on. Otherwise I could have infected others and not gotten on meds as early as I did, which I believe will benefit me long term.

Ive heard this too, and agree that could also be a good explanation.  Id say without any study into it though, its all somewhat heresay