Were You Taking Loads Pre-1996/7?

rawTOP

Did you take loads before ARVs came on the scene in 1996?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Did you take loads before ARVs came on the scene in 1996?

• I wasn't sexually active back then (too young)
    • I'm a top, but I fucked guys raw
    • No - Always played safe back then
    • Sometimes, but only took loads from guys I knew to be neg
    • Yes, but only because I was already poz
    • Sometimes, even though I was neg
    • Yeah, I didn't really care if I became poz

• 10 years later...

I foolishly believed guys when they said they were neg.  I wasn't all that active, but I did play some.  I generally tried to play with white color guys cause, of course, they weren't as likely to be poss right?  Yeah.   

There were moments, though, when I was in full-bore slut mode and dropped trou for anyone who wanted at rest and truck stops.   It was heaven when Truvada hit the market, and then the U=U became understood.

That behavior prompted my then-therapist to classify me as a sex addict.

• Like 1

I guess none of those apply to me. 

My first experience was in '85.  The possibility must have felt remote as the first 2 guys fucked me raw.  I also messed around with a couple of guys between 86 and 92 that died of AIDS but we never fucked.  As I got older, I took on a more top role for awhile and never wore one.  And the limited times I was a bottom were raw except for one guy.  I was not a slut (though I wanted to be I think). But I was lucky too to come through as neg.  I loved anon stuff like glory holes and bath houses and meeting in an alley!!!! 

I was in the military in the 80s, before DADT, so i was deep in the closet.  all my encounters were bookstores, rest stops, or beach cruising (when stationed in Florida).  cocks were presented to me and i sucked them off or turned around for them if it went that far.  a few guys rubbered up (a notable one even for getting head), but i didn't hesitate if they were raw.

i think part was shyness/fear of causing a scene or some bullshit like that.  the closet was a fucking bitch.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I guess I was "chasing" before I knew that was a thing. I wasn't particularly turned on by poz loads like I am now, but I loved barebacking, so much that being pozzed was inevitable. Started taking raw loads in 1987 and became poz in 2007. I was surprised it took that long because I was taking anon loads everywhere I could - adult video stores, outside in the woods, anyone who would take me home, blindfolded at my place, bathhouses, sex clubs. I'm sure if online apps were a thing back then, it would've happened much sooner. 

• Piggy 3

Yeah, started in 1990 when I was 18, pretty much have only played bare since then & loved anonymous sex in public toilets.  Always wondered how I didn't get pozzed, but when I got blood & HIV tests after falling ill with what was later identified as pneumonia about 16 years ago, I was still neg.  By that time I had definitely been fucked by one guy who I later found out was poz & another who assured me he was neg but frequented sleazy clubs in London for raw sex.

• Upvote 1
  • Piggy 1

I've been taking loads since 1976 (born in 1963, do the math), was VERY promiscuous, sucking, and getting fucked, by total strangers in adult bookstore video rooms (thought I was sneaking in, but looking back, I was never caught, so they HAD to know! Lol), and often going home with strange men, or taken to motels, a few times,  I was paid, though I never gave any indication that I was expecting payment, and in a ten year period, I doubt that even 5 guys used a condom. I probably took over a thousand loads before I was 21, and, while the frequency dropped with age (the older I get, the less attractive I am, I guess), i averaged probably 200 loads a year between ages 21-50, and now, at age 59, in averaging MAYBE 20 loads a year.  Was in the hospital for a MRSA infection, 5 us ago, and asked them to test for hiv. Came back positive, and think I shocked the Dr. who came to tell me, because I wasn't upset.  I wasn't happy, either,  but I told him I wasn't surprised.  Since my diagnosis, I rarely go to the bookstores, rarely cruise the apps.. Part of me feels like it's too much trouble, too much work, to hook up.

I'm married to a woman who knows I'm poz,  and hates the idea that I'm bi,  and has taken the idea of sex with her, off the table completely, though we still love each other. 

I know that if I was single again, I'd be making my holes available to any guy that wants me, and if be hosting as often as possible. 

• Like 1

It was raw from the start. Nieve college boy. It can’t happen to me.  Fucked by countless guys in bookstore until one day a guy took me home for weekend. I didn’t know he was Poz. Never asked for a condom. Ended up with fuck flu a month later.

• Like 1

I was younger and naive when I started.  I first bottomed in 1995ish and tended to get with older men in their 30s or 40s.  I started out knowing safe sex was what people did but quickly found out that wasn't real life for some and not the guys I was with.  

If you had asked me back before 1992, I would have told you that I practiced safe sex.  But if a man turned me around in a bookstore stall and shoved his raw cock up my lubed ass, I didn't object.  In fact, I loved it when they'd cum inside me.  I'd rationalize the risk away, bring a condom the next time I went out looking for cock, but rarely used them.  I can remember being so desperate for a cock I saw through a glory hole that I'd put my ass up to the hole to try and entice him.  It worked quite often.  For a while after I tested positive in '92 I tried to play safe all the time.  But I started hearing from men that the idea of a 'super infection' was just theoretical, so I started seeking loads in my ass.  I sure miss the Bareback City site, got a lot of loads from that.