Editing Posts?

Is there a way to edit posts on here?

I saw:

If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit Post button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.

So I'm just not sure if I'm missing it or not

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

You can edit your posts for a few minutes after you post them. Then they become locked. The reason is because you wouldn't want someone changing their post substantially since it could alter the flow of the conversation and the posts below it may not make sense after the edit.

• 3 years later...
  • Moderators

Can we ask for posts to be deleted? I have posted two things I'd like removed. Any way to help?

We generally do not allow posts to be deleted for the same reasons rawTOP stated above for why you can only edit for a few minutes.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, funnsundaytona said:

If I delete my membership will it remove my posts? I think it's crazy that you can't remove a post. My ex hacked my account, made a yuck post and identified my kik.  I do not want to have to delete my Kik in order to not get responses.

Deleting your membership (something you can't actually do), doesn't delete posts since it would make the site completely confusing since threads depend on a continuity of discussion.

Moderators can edit posts to remove personally identifying information. Just click on "Report Post" above the post and say what the problem is.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, funnsundaytona said:

So there is no way to remove your membership, if you choose to do so? I find it hard to believe that the administrators don't possess the ability to remove someone's name and profile from the site if they wish it. Is this explained when someone signs up? 

I agree that it seems crazy to not be able to delete a profile. I have no intention of doing so cos i enjoy this site too much but there definitely should be that possibility. What happens if a member requests that?

• Moderators
22 hours ago, funnsundaytona said:

If I delete my membership will it remove my posts? I think it's crazy that you can't remove a post. My ex hacked my account, made a yuck post and identified my kik.  I do not want to have to delete my Kik in order to not get responses.

First of all, your entire contribution to the site at this point consists of 3 posts, so I am not certain why you are so concerned about your posts going away. 

When you need something changed in a post, go to the post with the mistake/offending information in it and report it. 

I deleted your Kik handle from your post like you wanted. 

• 5 years later...
  • Moderators
45 minutes ago, Bigbottomstpaul said:

My phone was recently stolen and cracked and they posted private pictures in a thread. I was wondering if the moderators could go and delete the pictures or thread along with any of my info given 

Report the posts. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.