miko

Do you regret being pozzed? bad health now?

68 posts in this topic

I Have no regrets too. Now I dont need to worry any more about it. Just take my 1 pill every day and I get fucked more then I ever have before!

AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL HAIL THE POWER OF AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will shed some light on this topic.  While everyones story is different one this is for sure.  We all make a choice.   I am sad i am poz.  I had no clue i was never sick and played safe 99% of the time.  Now that i am have hiv i wish i would have done the things i wanted to do earlier in life when i was younger and had a body to die for.  I had the hiv for  about 9 years before i found out.  i never used a condom with my partner of 28 years.  and 8 of which i was toxic.   I was in the hospital with sever pain in my legs, i could not walk. The doc could not figure out what was wrong but thought i had really bad case of artoritice . Any way  i got out and on steroids which helped me walk again.   Then i got really sick and was tested for hiv.  They think i was hiv poz for over 8 years. my cd4 was at 30 and my viral load was off the chart.  The doc told me to get my afairs together because i had less than 3 months to live.   Every thing was contigent on if the meds worked.  They are working and i am still alive undetectable but my cd4 is taking along time to recoop.  side note  my partner is still neg.  I am struggling with skin problems , sinius infections,  and now loosing my hearing due to infections in my body and head.   i have swets every night and soak the bed.  my skin looks like a pin coushin and my body akes all the time.  Biggest lesson get on meds as fast as possible dont let your body run down,  if doc wont put you on look for other doc.   For 8 years i have been playing the insurance game trying to stay covered,  goverment help cuts off if you make over 52 k a year.  just fyi.   But to those struggling i have found loop holes .  get your self a hi deductable hsa insurance.  You will max out very fast on your deductable.  then you are covered for the rest of the  year.  with a hsa all your prescriptions go to your deductable.  I found the skin med i am on 1600 a month will pay my dectuble up to 8000 a year. so i usually have less that 1 thousand a year out of pocket.I have also found here in the states that coverage from the gov is different from city to city.  guys please know it is very hard to change jobs because of being hiv.   Small companys of less than 100 employees will be effected in there insurance rates which are renued evey year.  They do not want their rates to go up so they try not to hire hiv people .  and yes they can ask legely on a health form for employment/ insurance.  It is harder now to find a playmate.  the guys with hiv tend to not play to avoid super bugs and neg guys avoid you.  Which is funny because guys think once they get hiv they can do what ever they want.  really for me its like being neg and not wanting to get hiv with a super bug.  Inaddition, there is a new strain of sif that is going around detroid and the midwest now that is more deadly than hiv.  and no cure or med can help it.  just a fyi.    with this all said make the right choice for you.  I have now started bb when i can and trying to enjoy what life if have left. 

TigerMilner what a wonderful pair of questions!  We won't really know until that happens and we see what other social changes emerge....  My opinion however is that chasing would continue.  Control or cure are close enough to the same thing, and most of the true chasers i know are on meds (which does not seem to make sense).  

On 3/6/2013 at 4:06 AM, TigerMilner said:

I am currently passing all my anniversary dates, ie, first got sick, first diagnosed, first started meds, etc. I had a very hard time with it physically as I was one of the 10% who get very very sick with it, but i'm doing ok now. The first nine months were literally hell. But I have felt pretty close to normal for the past five months. I've been undetectable since last August and am staying there on one pill a day. The meds are costing me about $150 a month copay. I had a hard time at first, but when it comes right down to it, I have no regrets. The fuck that did it was worth it.

I sometimes worry about long term effects of the meds or the virus, but I really believe a cure will be found before I have to deal with those issues. I hope. Makes me wonder, if the cure if found soon, will bug chasing still exist? Will gifters have anything to offer?

Were you chasing? Did you know you could get it with that fuck? Was it so hot?

i want that so bad

1stCam02MA15135701-00221.jpg

On 2016-10-07 at 0:53 AM, poschub said:

i will shed some light on this topic.  While everyones story is different one this is for sure.  We all make a choice.   I am sad i am poz.  I had no clue i was never sick and played safe 99% of the time.  Now that i am have hiv i wish i would have done the things i wanted to do earlier in life when i was younger and had a body to die for. 

It's interesting to read a different experience of what being poz is and be able to balance things a bit. Its good for poz guys to be optimistic about their situation, and I hope I do if I ever pozed, but it doesn't mean that HIV infection is "no big deal" and that life is better after seroconversion. For instance, I question the notion that once you're HIV+ one is free and can now bareback without worries. First, this is not true for everyone as this profile of an HIV+ guy says "I am poz but otherwise healthy and am not looking to catch anything else. Not looking to make the situation worse".

Many men don't have the luxury of going on PrEP or of catching infections because they are married to women but secretly having anon sex with men. An HIV infection for a married-to-woman man or for a man with intention of building a future relationship with a woman can be devastating. 

Interesting thread, some of which gives the lie to it the "All being Worthwhile", "No Regrets" image mostly promulgated by the fantasists.

I'm sure they're close to finding a cure or vaccination or both TigerMilner, and as long as there are dirty fuckers like us about, "Bug Chasing" will continue gloriously with the nuisance itches, and do us all a lot less damage.