Are u scared of getting AIDS?

miko

No, not particularly, because I can't see any situation where I would end up getting AIDS... HIV sure, with my sexual behaviour, unless I have the CCR5-delta32 mutation, I will probably inevitably get HIV.

But I'm not scared of that happening either, I know I will probably have to make some lifestyle changes, but ironically it'll probably spur me into eating healthier and exercising more, something I can never really be bothered with currently. Obviously, I also have the advantage of living in the UK, and therefore not having to be concerned about medical insurance or cost of drugs as I know that any drugs I'd ever need related to HIV treatment will be free.

I must say, for someone who doesn't care about diet or exercise, you're in mighty fine shape :)

I see that in myself to.i to no that i will get hiv for sure & eventually it will go to aids.i no that with my love for sex 7 my sexual behavior that will happen.

But like u I am not scared of it.Nervious maybe but not scared.But i work out more to & do try to eat right.i to have good insureance for now. so we will see....

I must say, for someone who doesn't care about diet or exercise, you're in mighty fine shape :)

haha, thanks man, i'm never totally happy with my body if i'm honest (then again, who is?), but it's never bad enough that i feel i need to do anything about it apart from refusing to snack a few weeks every few months

I'm a neg, I do fuck poz men and I'm well aware of the risk that i'm taking.

When people ask me aren't you scarred, no?! Its my own choice to fuck bare and I love it till the last drop, than dying of cancer and not enjoying life like I wanted to enjoy it!

Ya know what? Once you hit 50, you realize your time on this earth is limited. Don't wanna look back when I'm 80 and think "damn, I never got to fill an ass with my seed or feel a bare cock".

I wanna LIVE right now and be a fucking pig. I've got probably 30 or 40 more years to go (family lives forever!), and I can handle whatever comes along. Better than living a timid, scared life playing safe and having crappy sex.

Guest Matias47

A little late for me to be afraid of getting AIDS, I think:)

I didn't get tested enough and got sick. True, I was working 16 hours a day 7 days a week 10 mos out of the year for 5 years straight -- Hell, that should of killed me by itself -- but with regular testing (again, like I didn't) you don't have to develop AIDS.

You can also look into Truvada for PrEP. Though, if you do that you'll need regular blood tests to monitor your liver and kidneys.

Hey Miko

I see you have a few similar posts, and it is good that you ask so directly.

AIDS was indeed pretty horrible and scary in the 80s and 90s.

The term bareback didn't even exist then. There was no public talk about choosing to become HIV positive - much to the contrary. I was scared back then.

It's a different world today. I know guys in their 70s who have been living healthy with HIV now for over 30 years. HIV educators still try to scare people into staying HIv negative, and I think it is inaccurate information. sure there are good reasons to stay negative - not having to deal with meds and monitoring your health, but it's not the end of the world that it once was.

SO to answer your question, no, I'm not worried - I feel confident that I will be able to remain healthy with HIV.

Staying healthy does require some effort - taking care of yourself, going for regular HIV tests, and taking meds faithfully and would require a commitment to do that if you choose to go down that road.

spend some time on this site, and read the many discssions on here from other guys who struggle also with their sexuality vs the risk of becoming poz. Some figure out what they want quickly, while others take much longer. To to people and take whatever time to need to decide what you want for yourself. There are lots of good guys here who will share their stories

NiceHard. You aren't alone on this but the way you post, how descriptive, thoughtful, and consisive your posts are is incredible and extremely helpful. You are also hot as fuck...

I agree completely 100 percent with everything you say. Some on here will say, "Come get pozzed and join the brotherhood and spread the bug and love." Some will say, "I'll never become poz", "I'll always stay negative", "Being poz rocks", "Being poz isn't fun", "I can't risk it", "I want to be pozzed"

You will have to read and listen to every side to decide what's right for you. Staying safe 100% and never having sex. Safer sex with condoms. BBing with trusted partner or buds. Taking a few random loads or hooking up. Accepting that it will happen one day and just taking loads you are attracted to the guy or all loads. Wanting to get pozzed or etc.

With my experience being bbed was slowly happening. But being bred was an accident and manipulated. But it started something which will never stop. I went through the fear of, "Oh he said he's neg..if I just have sex with neg I'll be neg forvever." to, hooking up with more guys and bbing. Sometimes not asking status because it's so hot. Playing with an undetecable guy.

I'll admit I'm not 100% comfortable with bb sex with anyone. i am still selective in terms of sexual attraction. But I will have sex with neg and undetectable. I am getting to the point where I might do poz but I do have respect for those who want to control the viral load and take care of themselves. Much more then someone who doesn't know, doesn't care, or lies.

Honestly, I am going to get HIV+ someday. It is invetible for anyone who barebacks. But more so for a bottom. I will become poz but like it's been stated. It's not like it was in the past where you drop dead, nurses won't touch you, and your life is shortened. I still think there are some minor or overlooked things about being poz or undetecable that is overlooked. Low immunity..hello there.

But all in all I want to have a fun life. I want to have multiple sex partners, fuck buds, friends, lovers, and at one point a man who will own my ass. It's stupid and a turn off always being afraid "OMG is he wearing a rubber let me check" or "MAKE SURE YOU USE A RUBBER" or "I wonder what it will feel like inside for just a minute". I've pretty much always been quick about deciding what I want.

There are other diseases besides HIV to worry about though. But if you manage being poz/und. any STDS then by all means have sex everywhere and with anyone if you want. There is a cause to every effect and every action has it's meaning or consenquences. But that doesn't mean that the consenquences will end your life or make your life miserable.

Regardless of what you do or want to be every situtation depends on how you deal with and taking responsibility for it and having strength in your decisions and actions and not having to justify your reasoning for anyone but yourself. But this forum. This forum isn't neccesarily the reason that "corrupted" me to bareback. I was corrupted when I was born :P

This forum has given me and others the confidence to see every side of the coin, hear other people's experience, and decide for myself what is right and accept what comes with that and take the responsibilities, consenquences, and gains in full.

I know you will find what is right for you as will everyone else. And may it make you happy and everyone else who is curious. You'll even get to the point when you can tell someone, "Don't bother with that condom I only bb" and not feeling bad about turning down a sheathed cock :P