How to create a poll!

You have to do it when you want to start a new thread.

Go down to where it says start a poll and put a check mark in.

Also put in how many options of replies you want. If it's just a yes or no poll just put 2, Sometimes you can update how many replies you want while you are doing a poll, some sites limit how much time you can keep that poll window open to post replies in, so think of what you want to ask and answers first.

Then enter something in the main part of the message like here, and hit submit new thread. it will take you to another screen where you can put the poll question and response and has a few other options like public replies or multiple choices. Then hit submit, or whatever it tells you.

Edited by Pig Bottom

• 10 years later...
  • Moderators
22 minutes ago, VersGuyAnon said:

I'm trying to create a poll in General Discussion, but I keep being given an error message and taken back to the "Content" section. 

Do I need to write something there, before selecting the Poll tab?

Yes, there needs to be a topic and initial post for the system to attach the poll. Good thinking on your part.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.