Do you forsee a time when BB becomes the norm again?

nastybottom

Do you forsee a time when BB becomes the norm again?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Do you forsee a time when BB becomes the norm again?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

Do you think medicine will advance to a point when there's a vaccine for HIV and Hep C, and bareback fucking becomes the norm again? Or will biology always be one step ahead of us, with incurable gonorrhea and other nasty STDs (god forbid, another deadly syndrome like AIDS) preventing it?

I think, long term (decades from now or perhaps even centuries) science will be able to use organ cloning, gene therapy, new medicines, and so on, to counter the effects of most (currently) dangerous STDs. I'm not saying they'll cure all of them, but things like (for example) Hep C wouldn't be as big a deal if you could just get an occasional injection of genetically modified stem-cells to repair your damaged liver. I'm not saying it'd be pleasant, but look at how people view HIV now that it can be (for the most part) managed with medication. And look at how people became a lot more sexually adventurous when formerly deadly STDs became curable with a shot of Penicillin. Ick factor aside, how many people worry about Herpes the way they do HIV or Hep C? People worry about it less because it's considered an embarrassment/inconvenience and not a "serious" illness.

So I don't believe finding cures/vaccines is required to get a majority of people to start barebacking. It'll happen once the diseases become manageable, because almost 0% of people (male, female, or some mix of the two) actually enjoy using condoms.

Edited by whiteslutbttm

BECOMES ?????????

It already is. Maybe it's different in the United States (you guys e.g. have considerably higher HIV prevalence rates than Germany) and in big cities like New York (were barebackers form a distinct group).

My experience is a completely different one. I am a "normal guy" who lives in medium sized city (~100.000 inhabitants, with a larger metropolitan area to the one side and nothing but forests and fields in the other direction) who fucks around mostly with other "normal guys". Guys say they use condoms, but if you hit the right buttons, they really don't (e.g. small town guys amongst each other fuck bareback because everyone knows everyone, young guys because they are young etc.).

If you define "the norm" as what is societally accepted, then it's not. If you define it as what the guys want and what really happens, it already is. Safer sex is mostly lip service here ;)).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 years later...

Seems to me when this question was asked, the answer was when will it become the norm, and now a few years have passed and it is the norm for most gays.  I would have answered back then that it never would, but I haven't used a condom in years, and have not had a guy ask for on in as long.  Partnered or not, neg, poz, unknowed, doesn't matter.  

• Upvote 2

Agree with cheatingjock, 5 years ago I don't think it would be possible to be the norm. Now with Prep and Pep, our defenses our down and we will bareback as we should, knowing that we can either protect ourselves without using condoms by taking Prep and if not, if we do get infected, we can still live a bareback lifestyle for a long time by taking the drugs. In the 80's, we didn't have those options.  I've always been fucked bareback and never converted, luck of the draw I guess and now I'm married to an HIV UD man who fills me with his HIV cum every other day. Who'd have thought? 

• Upvote 1

Unless you were born with a rubber covering your dick, bareback sex has ALWAYS been the norm for men. Skin has been around a lot longer than latex.

I'm with a lot of those here, already thinking BB has and is becoming the norm once again. With the advancement of the medications to manage most all of the effects of HIV and other STD's, the stigmas of most of the infections are fading into the background once again and a lot more of us are enjoying BB sex as before. As I've stated in many posts before on here, as for myself, now in my later years, I'm realizing that I've missed out on so much with the fears and being so selective and careful. Am thinking that this has been the case also with most of the guys and now the time has come to give it up and relax and just go with it and begin enjoying sex once more and accept that it is all part of life and it's natural processes. 

It is kind of strange, but i wasnt even embarrassed last week when i got diagnosed with anal chlamydia. i just emailed the guys i know who had fucked me (there are more i have no idea who they are) One was pissed, but i had told him when he emailed me to tell me he wanted to dump in me, that i had been fucked by lots of guys since my last std test, so didnt know my status. He said he didnt care, just wanted my ass. i told him getting an std once in awhile is to be expected if you bb as much as i do. i told him he can breed and fist me as soon as i have finished the antibiotics. He said fine. i think that is the attitude of most guys i know. BB is the norm and the occasional std is just like getting a cold, its going to happen. So many guys on PrEP, it seems HIV isnt a consideration usually.

• Upvote 1

Like others here have alluded, I think it depends on what culture or sub culture you belong to. It's the norm in our subculture here on BZ, but not the baptist church down the street, and prolly never will be there.

Some cultures will always associate shame with sex and use bacterial infection as 'proof' that it's wrong. You can get and spread a bacterial infection from touching a contaminated surface at a restaurant, but I'm not going to stop eating out. I can get and spread a bacterial infection having sex with another person, but I'm not going to stop having sex.

• Upvote 1