Do you forsee a time when BB becomes the norm again?

nastybottom

Do you forsee a time when BB becomes the norm again?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Do you forsee a time when BB becomes the norm again?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

Completely agree with the general consensus its pretty easy to get someone to bb. When I wanted it I got it easily. So yes it’s probably the norm nowadays.

• 3 months later...
On 9/2/2019 at 9:15 PM, VersAlwaysLooking said:

BB is the norm in forward-looking cities where PrEP is readily available and encouraged.   Other places....   They fuck BB too but with more shame and more  effort on my end....   Had this experience this past week while traveling for work.  Hot guy fucked me raw then, after he was dressed, asked if I was on PrEP/Negative. 

A question I have is during say the late 80s to 2010ish, were condoms used a diligently as all would like to remember?  Or did people just not admit they fucked bare.?  I've always wondered this since PrEP was generally available from the time I was in my early 20s - granted not as common then. 

well, between me and my friends, condom was a norm... going bareback was scandalous hahaha... even tho we would go bare sometimes and then get crisis of Paranoia... but condom was present in almost every fuck... 

Guest Upstateguy518

It's already been that time. Most guys I meet up with talk about condoms but it's very optional. As in unless I put one on or ask if he puts one on, Condoms aren't even in play.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CuriousDallas

I think we’re already there. It’s been a while since I’ve had a guy ask about using condoms and I can usually talk them out of wrapping. Guys around my age and younger pretty much don’t use condoms at all and either never have or just don’t feel a need to. Most guys are on Prep and most guys figure if at least one of the two guys is on prep you’re cool. That probably is a false sense of security but it seems most guys are on prep. That said guys rarely ask me my status and I never ask guys there’s...guys just go bare. That may be generational.

I think the same like some before me. These times are the neo-BB era. Most of the guys I fucked with didn’t use or claim to use condome. I hardly can remember if I meet guys abroad who wanted wrapped fuck. For example maybe one in Berlin. One of 50-60. Even in Hungary I couldn’t meet condome users, only a totally beginner bisexual guy and a foreigner from Serbia. 

This thread is a fascinating historical record! In 8 years, it goes from “will it ever be normal again?” to “of course it’s normal!”

Where I am, this seemed to happen over the course of about a year, and unsurprisingly coincided with PrEP becoming available. First online, then with a private prescription in proper pharmacies, and finally for free to all gay men.

And it’s wonderful 😊

Yes I think in London it’s gone from roughly 2016 condoms being the norm, 2017 prep began appearing on Grindr profiles 2018 people asking if you were on prep 2019 people bb’ing without a conversation 2020 you’re now the odd one if you use a condom; people are more worried about Covid 

19 hours ago, Fitfj said:

Yes I think in London it’s gone from roughly 2016 condoms being the norm, 2017 prep began appearing on Grindr profiles 2018 people asking if you were on prep 2019 people bb’ing without a conversation 2020 you’re now the odd one if you use a condom; people are more worried about Covid 

Yes, if you insist on a condom you will find yourself a lonely man!

• Upvote 1

I’m 25 and me and most of my friends are on PrEP and none of us use condoms... ever! I’ve fucked one or two guys bagged up but I have never, not once, let a too fucking me without doing it bare and without him breeding me balls deep. I think I’m the age of PrEP condoms are just not the norm anymore and it’s only getting MORE that way. 

I mean, lucky me 😇

• Upvote 2