Do you forsee a time when BB becomes the norm again?

nastybottom

Do you forsee a time when BB becomes the norm again?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Do you forsee a time when BB becomes the norm again?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

Guest hungandmean

I just changed most of my online profiles to poz and looking to bareback only - and i've never had so many messages.

Messages from dudes who portray themselves as super conservative online, and tons of dudes with profiles that say Safe Sex-->Always

BB is definitely the norm.. Especially in the age of Truvada and poz dudes being undetectable.

On 4/6/2017 at 4:14 AM, punaman said:

Agree with cheatingjock, 5 years ago I don't think it would be possible to be the norm. Now with Prep and Pep, our defenses our down and we will bareback as we should, knowing that we can either protect ourselves without using condoms by taking Prep and if not, if we do get infected, we can still live a bareback lifestyle for a long time by taking the drugs. In the 80's, we didn't have those options.  I've always been fucked bareback and never converted, luck of the draw I guess and now I'm married to an HIV UD man who fills me with his HIV cum every other day. Who'd have thought? 

Same here!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, ProudPozPig said:

No offense, but this question is out of touch with reality.

What I'd really be (mildly) interested in asking is WHO THE HELL FUCKS WITH RUBBERS?

Agree!!  Only got fucked with rubbers a couple times in my life.  Since then, I insist on RAW or Out the Door!! 

Guest TWINKFAGGOTPUSSY

Seems the norm to me (atleast where I am at). Every guy I've met online that has fucked me, 98% of the time they are breeding me. It's like once every two months I get a guy who wants to use a condom. But once they feel my faggot ass and see how tight it is they see they have no choice but to leave me full of their cum. Most guys around me don't disclose statuses either, which I think is fucking taboo AF but hot :D

• 1 year later...

I think it IS the norm for many of us.  I haven't used condoms and won't.  In the few occasions where a top wants to use a condom, I talk him out of it.  Every time.  Every top and every bottoms wants to do it raw, even if they tell you don't.

Its great that this question was posed in 2012 - this forum is almost like a time capsule of evolving attitudes. Over the period since 2012 (and before) I travelled a lot on business around the world, fucking, and barebacking was certainly rare and contrary to norms both where I live and where I travelled in 2012. But I could sense things changing by about 2014. PrEP wasn’t the explanation as it wasn’t then available but I’d put it down to condom fatigue and a more mainstream recognition that HIV was now treatable. But barebacking still wasn’t the norm in my observation in 2014-15 just more common. However, by about 2015-16 attitudes seem to have been changing rapidly with barebacking common and less stigmatised than before. Since about 2017 barebacking is usual, more common in my observation than condom use, and is socially accepted even expected, which I guess is to say it has become the norm. This time it is down to the wide availability of PrEP and an awareness of U=U plus a recognition of the desirable aspects of raw sex. The change in norms is not exactly the same everywhere, obviously, but in my experience the trend is the same in many regions of the world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Case in point, last night during my play time @Steamworks Toronto, NOT a single guy asked for/used a condom from what I experienced in the darkrooms there. BB sex is the norm in Toronto NOW! A whole bunch of factors have come into play for this to finally be the regular and healthy form during sex play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bbpoznow said:

soon a condom will be a thing of the past, and will be about time . Like the picture  ALPHAboy 

Thanks man. And yes, eventually it will. It only encourages us men (especially those that still use condoms) to only mate in the natural way. 

• Upvote 1

Most of the sex I have been having recently has been without condoms, but condoms do still feature. My most recent sex, a threeway with one guy whose blow job was so good that I can say he topped me and another guy who fucked me from behind, involved a condom. (Taking loads from people I do not know is not at all a priority.)