Do you forsee a time when BB becomes the norm again?

nastybottom

Do you forsee a time when BB becomes the norm again?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Do you forsee a time when BB becomes the norm again?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

BB is the norm in forward-looking cities where PrEP is readily available and encouraged.   Other places....   They fuck BB too but with more shame and more  effort on my end....   Had this experience this past week while traveling for work.  Hot guy fucked me raw then, after he was dressed, asked if I was on PrEP/Negative. 

A question I have is during say the late 80s to 2010ish, were condoms used a diligently as all would like to remember?  Or did people just not admit they fucked bare.?  I've always wondered this since PrEP was generally available from the time I was in my early 20s - granted not as common then. 

Edited by VersAlwaysLooking
  • Like 1

I’ve been bare only since the 90s and can count on one hand the number of times a guy has tried to pull out a condom or called it a deal breaker. That’s counting about a dozen countries and various hook up methods (online, parties, bars, bath house and public parks). I’d say it’s been the norm for quite a long time. Using a condom is the non-norm. 

Here in Chicago sexually active dudes are on PrEP or HIV positive. Of course, they all BB.  This past summer, a study was published about an HIV drug that could be implanted into a guy’s arm and act as PrEP for a year.  I could foresee boys and young men receiving these implants and getting a recharge each year for life. Not concerned about HIV, they no longer feel the need for condoms while fucking.

Yes, and this too will pass.

With more STI's and STD's becoming drug resistant; and, new strains of viral mutations, barebacking will once again be taboo.

Today we are seeing more individual,s across the age spectrum, who advertise in their profiles they are "DDF--drug and disease free, HIV+ undetectable, HIV+ undetectable on meds, and "I tested negative on this date".

Most of us know the drill.  People lie about their status.  People lie about their health,.  People lie regarding their relationship status.  People lie in their profiles.  People lie to have sex.

In the United States, drug prices are not regulated.  Most private health insurers do not cover long term prescriptions for HIV prevention.  They regard recreational sex exposure the same as they once regarded pregnancy--Insurers did not cover it.  Pregnancy in the 1950's was regarded as a "planned event"  and not a health related issue. 

My health insurer will only pay for a 30 day dosage of Truvada if you may have been exposed to the HIV virus, and they will only cover it once.  I have searched for health care plans offered by private insurers covering HIV prevention medications, and I haven't found any that were affordable.  Most company health plans also don't cover HIV prevention medications.

"Gilead Will Donate Truvada to U.S. for H.I.V. Prevention"  May 9, 2019  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/09/health/gilead-truvada-hiv-aids.html

Drug donations, grants, discounts are wonderful.  However, the cost of HIV preventative medication is and will remain too expensive for most to obtain.