Off meds. What should I expect?

I have been off meds for almost a year. I have experienced some health issues and my counts continue to change. I am proud of my choice and know it is right for me. I want to stay on course, but I admit to being a little scared. It would be helpful to hear from others who made this choice, how it effected you and if you ultimately decided to go back on meds.

No advice, just my own story in short.

Did the same in 2002. Did not check my counts. Thought i was feeling ok. In 2007 my first Kaposi spots began to appear: ok here we are I thoght.

Did not realize i was almost blind from CMV. Did not realize i had depression: i just didn't care of nothing, except fucking, being fucked and spread my disease.

A friend of mine 'kidnapped' me to the hospital: just in time, the docs said. In 6 months they restored my immune system, in a couple of years my mind. Well, here i am. Did not change my ideas too much, but i keep on meds now: gotta be alive if i want to swap toXXXic CUM & bugs.

Did the same in 2002. Did not check my counts. Thought i was feeling ok. In 2007 my first Kaposi spots began to appear: ok here we are I thoght.

Did not realize i was almost blind from CMV. Did not realize i had depression: i just didn't care of nothing, except fucking, being fucked and spread my disease.

A friend of mine 'kidnapped' me to the hospital: just in time, the docs said. In 6 months they restored my immune system, in a couple of years my mind. Well, here i am. Did not change my ideas too much, but i keep on meds now: gotta be alive if i want to swap toXXXic CUM & bugs.

Wow, those are real friends. It takes a lot of balls and love to do that. You are a blessed man.

• Like 1

In the month I was off meds, to poz a man who wanted me to be The One (he flaked), night sweats started up, and three weeks in, a cold sore bloomed that I hadn't seen in 15 years. I knew I was in pozzing mode, but when the guy flaked, I went right back to Atripla and haven't fucked around with it since.

You are so fucking awesome. Thank you for sharing this story. I love this site, and am totally cool with negative guys who are comfortable with their choices and risk and the potential of becoming poz, but I still can not get my arms around wanting to get full blown AIDS. 20 years ago when we saw so many guys dying horrible deaths, no one wanted to choose this.

I agree that being poz requires responsibility to ourselves to stay healthy with it.

Thanks again for your message. You are wonderful.

No, I'm not wonderful - just human. Each one of us is: but being all together in here and sharing our feelings makes us wonderful :)

You are so fucking awesome. Thank you for sharing this story. I love this site, and am totally cool with negative guys who are comfortable with their choices and risk and the potential of becoming poz, but I still can not get my arms around wanting to get full blown AIDS. 20 years ago when we saw so many guys dying horrible deaths, no one wanted to choose this.

I agree that being poz requires responsibility to ourselves to stay healthy with it.

Thanks again for your message. You are wonderful.

mhh ... don't know whether it's a wise choice. as aidsfukka mentioned: you have to be be alive to be able to breed others.

what i do from time to time: i get off meds, wait for a rising vl ... breed those who want it ... and get back on meds - knowing that resistances might occur ... but sofar i was lucky.