Should I get tested? Does it matter?

I've been barebacking more and more - taking all the jizz I can in my ass - many of which I know are from POZ guys. I last tested negative 18 months ago. At this point I assume I'm POZ - and accepting that. I got a little sick last spring, might have been the fuck flu, but it wasn't as harsh as what I read about on here.

At what point should I get tested? I really like the freedom of fucking and getting fucked without it even being discussed. I'm leery of going on meds too soon because I want to seed other guys.

Advice? Thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Guest JizzDumpWI

Actually, the friend of mine who went blind from undetected Syphillis was a wake up call for me. He had not tested in a couple of years, and then suddenly he lost his vision. When they checked out why, it was syph. Had he done more frequent testing, he would have prevented blindness.

I go every 3 - 4 months now for the full scan. Periodically find and STD which we treat. So far still NEG though.

So the reason for testing, IMO, is that it would be better to keep those STDs in check.

• Administrators
At what point should I get tested? I really like the freedom of fucking and getting fucked without it even being discussed. I'm leery of going on meds too soon because I want to seed other guys.

Bad things can start happening to your health after 2 years, so it's best not to wait more than 2 years between HIV tests. The worst case scenario is you know you're poz and you choose to not go on meds at that time - but at least it's an informed decision.

RawTop is right. It's always a best to know. Not knowing is like not looking when you cross the street. Knowing gives you options. Including the option of infecting other guys if that is what you want to do. Testing is the only way to know. Not everyone gets sick when they convert. Most do not get as sick as I did, so don't let my previous posts on the subject be your barometer. I am part of a small minority of those who get really sick.

Good luck, and I hope you rethink that fantasy of infecting others. Nothing sexy about it. In fact, in a lot of places it is criminal.

Knowledge is power. You can have power over your health and sexuality. Nothing has to change because of that knowledge. You can be tested anonymously. You can test in the privacy of your own home if you wish. What you do or don't do with the knowledge is your business, but yeah, I think it's best to know and be able to make an informed choice.

The answer is simple: Get tested for everything including HIV. As stated before, you never how your body reacts to HIV. For some it takes twenty years to become acutely life-threatening, for others twenty months. The only way to know is to know your status and to monitor the progression of the disease.

Also keep in mind that as long as HIV spreads to your body unchecked, it will do damage. Going on meds with 10 t-cells left because you're sick as a dog is a terrible idea, your heart health will suffer, your cancer risk and the overall likelyhood of medical problems will increase. Knowledge will give you the chance to start meds in time. Every guy I know who avoided getting tested slapped his head afterwards because of how stupid he was. A few moments of your time and a few drops of blood are not worth the trouble (hospitalization etc.) that not getting tested causes.

• 2 weeks later...