gran canaria/playa del ingles

bluelover050

I was in GC last year i think it wss called construction bar that was ok. But i was in a bar called the box which was not dark but dimmed. I had a t shirt and shorts and trainers on. Took my shorts off and was repeatedly fucked whilst sucking cock in a really tight corner, awesome . Going back in september.,,

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back from Gran Canaria.  I first visited 18 years ago and truly one of the best trips i still have ever taken. It was before the place was really popular as it is and it was just glorious , scenary, beach, the Yumbo was so raw then and the guys so hot. I was a young man then but now returning i barely remembered much i didn't even realize the Yumbo Center had 4 floors - the center of Maspalomoas where every shop, activity food, shopping, backroom bars, sauna is located so this is where day/evenings end.      

First nothing opens till late for the gay bars, but the sauna is open and the erotic stores open in the afternoon after 3pm for most part-- you can pick up poppers here- the ID Gay stores on 3rd Plat -floor- was nice and helpful.   

Stay- i stayed at Axelbeach hotel- for Bear Carnival- hotel is very close to Yumbo, gay friendly but all the crap you read about hookups in sauna-be real-its a size of a small closet - forget it - the hotel very gay friendly but not cruisy definitely saw no signs of that while i was there.  and the fact the host of Bear Carnival was disappointing.  Even the big opening party was not that crowded.  The sex party at Basement Villas-the gay resort -just across the Street from Yumbo -was barely attended.   Note. Basement has an outdoor maze of slings, gloryholes etc and a dungeon sling room- a red room with a sling and big ass tv video but thats' it - you could see potential here if the right guys are staying there but definitely wouldn't want to pay to visit unless you know something was going on.   The party they hosted was well- disappointing and not that great-- saying that  I did get loaded up twice but that was just the first two guys I played with well because no one else was showing up.   Thank god it was only 5 euro and across from Yumbo.  

Dunes- the main dunes -walk to the beach - was interesting -if walking from the end of RIU hotel- go right and see the two palm trees- walk in that direction -- and then keep walking you'll see the dunes sort of flat out into small hills of bushes and trees and a definitely a flatter section on left where there mazes of bushes to have sex it etc.  Now i went early and most guys -older tourist were just laying about but definitely cruisy- but not alot of action i saw its not like there was a lot going on--- alot of men circling and alot of men planted in spots --please realize a lot of straight people do walk thru this area and you can walk nude not an issue but not the wealth of activity i was imagining.  I think it was light week - I'm sure during Gay PRide in May it will be more exciting.

Maspalomas Dunes- this is in a different area- you can walk from Yumbo -this is  dunes area at the end of Ave Toureanada Neckermann where all the golf and villas resorts are located-safe to walk its about 40 min from Yumbo but easy to find-- at the end  you'll see the street turns into a parking lot- and a gate that leads into the dunes.  Now this is what I liked better is that the dunes provide a maze of trees and bushes close to the gate  that definitely is more locals and much more activity -- i saw so much condoms, trash, food, shit, whatever - that sex is very apparent here-- saying that- i hope they have volunteers that go in and clean up this section-- i saw garbage bags filled which must have been there for years....  you know MEN--if you bring it in -take it out with you-- no need to trash a place-so disrespectful to the nature around you.     Off that rant-- i did see some action but late afternoon -some guys trolling around and i did wait till nightfall but i wouldn't come here at night unless you know the bushes and mazes because there were so many hidden coves that i wish i could have channeled all that sexual energy and you want to know where these spots are so do a day recognizance so you map your way around.  I wish i would have stayed longer but it was chilly and didn't quite come prepared to stay night and it was a long walk.   And no cabs really go that far to the end looking for rides.   Take a bike or car - but  a must see and you don't go too far into the dunes like the Main Dunes the gate is close by so not a big walk.

Bars:

My faves were The Box-- older older daddy crowd starts late- they only play in the darkest corner area- the sling saw little action cuz daddies just don't fuck - they kiss, jo/ suck -fucking at least while i was there was limited but yes i did get some use of the sling!!!

Bunker- the younger more popular bar- 7 euro/ clothes check and drink-- larger maze in basement but youngins are much pickier and some of them were a bit rude,  i love the potential but it wasn't a fave maybe too brite in basement and not sleazy enough.

The Cellar also on ground floor as Bunker at the other end--has theme nights 7 euro - clothes check - totally fine backroom but definitely -the guys gravitate towards the darkest room pitch black -worth checking out but not a nightly thing.

Reds- is one of two sexclubs  outside of Yumbo - its 5 min away on Ave Tirajana-- the Zoobar- its sister bar with an edge is next door--- REDS was more your older sister -who's done well ,looks good , clean ,friendly but a bit proper.  It has a sling in basement and a few cubicles for privacy and small darkroom and an open cublicle for gloryholes etc - was okay.    

Zoobar- well this is your adopted sister that has an edge (purple hair, ring in her clit) -dirtier, raunchier- -I went on Mask / Monday night- omg - GO RUN BOOK YOUR FLIGHT NOW!- that was  a huge crowd they started fucking from the get go !  do not come if you can't handle 9 10 inch cocks-they fuck you like you're bag of butter -loved it, the guys who run it were so friendly and nice- the facilities are clean but the maze in the basement if full of play areas for piss, orgies, privacy , slings and  a huge darkroom with a room that i didn't see at first because its a bed cublicle room for more initmate fucking--- anyway -very popular and I went on Underwear night on Thurs it wasn't as crowded and the men a little slower to fuck but yes, action was best here than any other bar backroom i visited so definitely a must visit  if still around.

Hell- a small bar was closed so probably going thru mgmt change.

Toms-nice german bar with small dark room but more for drinks than anything

Cruise-BAR- i didn't do this one- i never saw anyone going in and they cover charge and just the vibe from the door guys was not inviting.

I'm glad I went but its far place if coming from US-- its a long 12 /14 hours flight with connection in Madrid so its not for everyone but I'm glad i went my first time- and I'm glad I got to see again with older eyes and more wisdom underneath my feet but definitely YOU CAN"T HOME AGAIN!      I would be sure to go during big week - when its quiet its quiet and if you're coming for some action go during Pride which is first 2 weeks of May so you can get your best bang for your buck.   Truly a unique place.

Hasta Luego!

I'm planning on going next March for Bear Carnival. 

Just back and I can definitely recommend Playa del Ingles for all barebackers. My recommended spots would be Basement Studios for fun during the daytime and then Cellar Bar and Zoo bar for fun at night. Although since it was Pride week they were just a bit too busy but still managed to get and give plenty of loads with some hot guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any recent experiences of Zoo bar they could share? Looking to go to GC in the next few months and really wanna check this place out. I like the idea of going on naked / mask night, and just setting my staff out for all to use (by that I just mean bending over on a bed and letting anyone fill me!)

If it mostly Spanish guys or more guys holidaying who go there?

Anyone got any recent experiences of Zoo bar they could share? Looking to go to GC in the next few months and really wanna check this place out. I like the idea of going on naked / mask night, and just setting my staff out for all to use (by that I just mean bending over on a bed and letting anyone fill me!)

If it mostly Spanish guys or more guys holidaying who go there?

When i was there it was a mix but it seemed to be mainly tourists. You will have no problem being bent over taking loads i watched men take turns on a man in zoo and saw no condoms. Enjoy

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

If you are looking for inexpensive accommodation then I would recommend the following two. These are not gay hotels but a lot of gay men stay there because they are on the doorstep of the Yumbo. Because of their low prices they are booked pretty quickly though.

1) Playa del Sol. Popular with Scandinavian gays. Back entrance opens directly into Yumbo (behind SPAR supermarket). Good double boxspring beds. Rest pretty standard. No kids allowed to my knowledge (could have changed). I have stayed there a few times to full satisfaction.

2) Los Tilos (convenient location opposite Yumbo entrance). Pretty basic, don't expect too much. Lots of gay men but I regretted not having spent a bit more to get better accommodation.

There are some gay guys who rent apartments from €50-€70 per day close to Yumbo (prices could be higher now).

Also popular but not very inexpensive is Hotel Neptuno. Mixed adult hotel (=no kids allowed).

You could check hotels/prices on booking.com and then google the hotels for location and tripadvisor for customer reviews. Google gay hotels in Playa del Ingles or Maspalomas. Do some research.

Hope this helps a bit. Maybe others have other recommendations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...