How Long Did Your Fuck Flu Last?

How Long Did The Worst Part Of Your Fuck Flu Symptoms Last?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How Long Did The Worst Part Of Your Fuck Flu Symptoms Last?

• Under A Week
    • 1 to 2 Weeks
    • 2 to 3 Weeks
    • 3 to 4 Weeks
    • More Than A Month

• Administrators

This is one of a trio of thread...

1. How Bad Was Your Fuck Flu?
  2. After You Converted, How Long Did It Take To Get Fuck Flu?

If you haven't put your vote in on those polls, please do...

And now... How long did your fuck flu last? Of course, this assumes you had fuck flu (about 1/3rd of you didn't have fuck flu). But I'm curious how long the worst part of the symptoms lasted. So if you felt pretty bad for 2 weeks, and then just felt a little run down for a couple more weeks, put 2 weeks, but comment below explaining your experience.

Going by what we know now I converted in 1980. There was a lot of syphilis going around London at the time and some guys (whose primary lesions were inside the arse and therefore not very noticeable) progressed to secondary syph which can involve a skin rash which looks rather like the skin rash HIV can cause. I recognised the rash I'd developed as being similar to the rash a housemate had had which turned out to be secondary syphilis so took myself to the clinic where they didn't find any syphilis, nor could they find an explanation for the rash. I got sent home with a bottle of calamine lotion. Kinda amuses me that my first HIV medication was calamine lotion.

We're talking over 30 years ago so it's pretty much an impossibility to say how bad it was - a dose of flu and the rash were my only symptoms and if Al hadn't also got HIV I'd've forgotten the whole incident years ago. Maybe a week or ten days?

Edited by bearbandit

I got the fuck flu in 1993. I was 19 after meeting my 48 yr old boyfriend who swore he was negative. I was so ill I thought I was gonna die. I had no idea I was converting at the time, but put 2+2 together when my boyfriend's ex died that year. I didn't start meds till I was tested, aged 27. Cd4 has NEVER been above 250, but Vl always low so guess I'm a-symptomatic.

• Like 1

I guess I'm in that 1/3 category. I didn't get sick with the fuck flu. I did have symptoms of night sweats, headaches, itchy arms and elbows, got very tired and strep throat and got a rash on my abdomen. The rash was weird like a red raised network of little blood vessels. It would fade out by midday and come back every night. I knew I was converting. I went and tested anonymously on 2/19/09 and I was poz. The rash lasted about 3 weeks max and my body adjusted to the virus and all my symptoms resolved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Typical flu like symptoms for the first two weeks, over the counter medicine did nothing, the third week could keep no food or fluids in my system and couldn't stand the movement of my partner moving around in bed asleep so off to the couch I went and was there for a week and a half, I didn't have strength to walk to the bathroom so I crawled, end of week four and still not keeping any fluids or food in my system, finally went to urgent care and after another two weeks of running various test from routine bloodwork, x-rays, ultra sound, and other types of tests, finally tested for HIV and test came back positive and we are now at the end of week seven, test also reviled Hepatitis B, I spent the next two weeks being bloated due to water retention, cramping in calves, hands and feet, jaundice to where even the whites of my eyes were almost gold in color, had to wear support hose, couldn't stand up straight and looked as though I was 9 months pregnant, water retention so bad my waist went from a 30 to a 38, a total of nine weeks is how long it took before my body started returning to normal from converting, I had never been sick so violently and so long and I honestly didn't think I was going to make it through, that was seven years ago.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

ohh god yeah , if i was bedridden , if i had all those glorious miserable symptoms because iwas proressing to poz id try so hard to have a man or men enjoy themselves in me , in my ravaged body , even better dump mmore toxic load , beautifulll

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest pozbbttm

My fuck flu was awesome! Knew that HIV had started it’s amazing conversion of my whole body to one that’s being attached by dirty HIV. 

Got my breeder round 3 times to further top up the HIV bugs in my dirty body. As soon as I was well I went to the clinic and told them I was poz now and wanted to confirm it. Told them I planned to get it and just wanted my VL. 

2 weeks later they confirmed it and proudly told them its great news coz I wanted it, finally got it, and can bareback. 

Guest JackEdJIZZ

First night sweat wa 31 days after the last day I took PrEP.    Certainly not surprised that I got POZZED, but was a little amazed it was likely the first fuck after PrEP.   Fuck flu was not horrible....maybe 8 days with some noticible symptoms.....and only a couple of those days were uncomfortable.   Most of that time, had I not been chasing, I may not have even noticed.    

But as others have said, that first indication of the fuck flu, there was a moment of OH FUCK...this is real.   Pretty amazing feeling.

6 hours ago, pozbbttm said:

My fuck flu was awesome! Knew that HIV had started it’s amazing conversion of my whole body to one that’s being attached by dirty HIV. 

Got my breeder round 3 times to further top up the HIV bugs in my dirty body. As soon as I was well I went to the clinic and told them I was poz now and wanted to confirm it. Told them I planned to get it and just wanted my VL. 

2 weeks later they confirmed it and proudly told them its great news coz I wanted it, finally got it, and can bareback. 

How old are you?

Mine lasted about 4 days. Lucky I was on vaca from work so no one really noticed. I was up at my parents house and started to feel weak and run down . A super bad flu was going around that year and everyone assumed it was that. This was also in Oct. I went home and woke up in the middle of the night beyond drenched in sweat and shaking . I was too weak to walk so I crawled to the shower and then to the fridge for some water and OJ. I knew damn well what was going on. So I stayed home and in bed for those 4 days and the next week I had a massive headache. That was in 2010

• Like 2