NYC Reviews - Sex Parties, Sex Clubs, Bathhouses, etc.

rawTOP

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 1:46 AM, meetme said:

Has anyone heard anything about the West Side or East Side Clubs reopening?  

According to Squirt, the ESC should be opening buy June 7th, and the WSC is permanently closed.

Supposedly this info came from a former ESC employee.

Well, that’s interesting, thanks for the info.  ESC Club turned off their phone before WSC, but I think the owner of ESC owns the building they’re in.  WSC had expanded and then downsized by a whole floor.  When ESC reopens they will be the only such venue in town, hope they can get the elevator running.

So i saw what people were saying about the bear party and looked on the website and noticed the "papers please" portion. Are they for real, attempting to violate HIPPA law plus half a.l dozen others not to mention the irony. Tell me this is all just for show & not what i think it is. 

Screenshot_2021-05-20-15-19-07.png

Just so you know, Barebacker, this has nothing to do with HIPAA.  My SO is involved in a HIPAA lawsuit right now, so I've researched this topic lots.  But to make it real simple, if someone asks you for medical information as a requirement for something and you agree to give it, HIPAA is not involved.  And if it bothers the person being asked for the info, they can just not go.

HIPAA is more in line of other people other than yourself disclosing information about you that they should not.  A person willing to give their own med info has nothing to do with HIPAA.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lookinnyc said:

Just so you know, Barebacker, this has nothing to do with HIPAA.  My SO is involved in a HIPAA lawsuit right now, so I've researched this topic lots.  But to make it real simple, if someone asks you for medical information as a requirement for something and you agree to give it, HIPAA is not involved.  And if it bothers the person being asked for the info, they can just not go.

HIPAA is more in line of other people other than yourself disclosing information about you that they should not.  A person willing to give their own med info has nothing to do with HIPAA.

You're right, however my grander question is where will this invasion of privacy end. For those who have had awful side effects from previous vaccines will i be forced into isolation if i don't take it. So for me it's a privacy & health issue that will lead to mandated isolation for who knows how long. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here & being a tad paranoid, but I'm surrounded by people who are afraid to touch anything & jump at every sneeze. 

14 hours ago, verbalBTTM said:

You're right, however my grander question is where will this invasion of privacy end. For those who have had awful side effects from previous vaccines will i be forced into isolation if i don't take it. So for me it's a privacy & health issue that will lead to mandated isolation for who knows how long. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here & being a tad paranoid, but I'm surrounded by people who are afraid to touch anything & jump at every sneeze. 

Ok, but all that has nothing to do with HIPAA.  And there's a big difference between being required to show proof of being vaccinated so you can have intimate sex with guys to being subjected to house arrest because you didn't get a shot.  Your complaint is about a sex party where the chance of infection is extremely high for those who don't have protection (ie. the vaccine).

Besides, this is a private group giving a party, not a government entity.  They can have whatever rules they like, it has always been that way in US law.

• Like 2

Not HIPAA but I agree it's a strange policy. None of the other groups opening up are doing this. 

The biggest issue is they not only want vaccination proof, but you have to prove its been 2 weeks after the second dose. Vaccine didn't open up to all of nyc until April, which means most guys won't be fully  vaccinated until June. Haven't been  but that has to mean most of the men attending that party are older guys who had access to the vaccine first and then people who happened to be in those other groups that got prioritized like EMTs and nurses. I also have a problem with parties that require you to show ID or reveal your real name, keeps all the "discreet" guys away. never the less I wouldn't expect a lot of diversity if you go before mid or late june.

Edited by breakland
  • Upvote 1