Had bareback for the first time, regret and now worried about getting HIV

hi there

only have ever observed this forum, never posted

Never had bareback before, have fantasied about it though

But last night, very drunk, I hooked up with guy in a bar. went back his place and ended up having bareback sex. I fucked him.

This morning woke up and said - we did something silly last night - and He agreed, but stated he was negative. but of course, I don't really know that. he could even be positive and not know himself

what are the chances even if he was actually positive of me getting hiv ? (of course, I know there is a risk of other diseases)

I remember reading here, some bug chasers who had to have loads of loads of unprotected sex with known positives before they got HIV themselves - so is it possible to get HIV from a one off ?!

as good as it may of felt at the time, skin on skin, cumming deep in someone - it was very risky behaviour. didnt even use proper lube, I don't think spit counts :(

the only way of course is to be tested, which I will do

cheers in advance for any advice

Well being scared or nervous when first barebacking is perfectly normal..so the make the choices yourself of what u want to do..and if ur the top that fucked him..its very unlikely u got anything...even if he is poz...but hey getting tested will make u feel better,so go do it..good luck

thanks for the reply

I realise as a top I am less likely to get infected - but at the same time - I could of gotten a really unlucky once off

as much as i enjoyed it, it was a little "too" dodgy for my liking!

its good to hear from others though

Guest ff-whole

Fear is good, fear makes you cautious, and fear makes you sensible and human.

Get tested to feel right again and then make up your mind if it was worth it...

You always have to do it like this once and then make a calculated move to never do it again or slowly ease into a relative comfort-zone...

You can go to an ER and get PEP treatment.

I don't think it is necessary, but it might give you some peace of mind.

What I'd've said, but I'd add in that it's extremely important to take all the pills, if they're prescribed - there's a distinct possibility that the nurse/doctor you see might think there was insufficient risk. If truvada is prescribed, you must take the lot at the prescribed intervals otherwise, if you did get HIV from last night's fun, there's a chance the PEP won't work and that resistance to truvada may develop. PEP only works within 72 hours of possible infection and the earlier it's started the better.

All that said, transmission is easier top to bottom, through still possible the other way round. As many chasers here will tell you it can be a difficult virus to get, but some people do get it first time out, as it were.

There is of course a chance that a guy who you fucked scullery, is telling lies, but stay calm. Go to the test and find out your status.

Fear of HIV is familiar for me from my first times of barebacking. I many times promise to my self to use condom more often but didnt stop. Nowdays i dont worry about HIV or any other std:s even tough id rather stay healthy.

Even if the bottom was poz and unmedicated, in a single incident the odds of HIV transmission to the top are less than 1 in 200. Altho it's advisable to assume everyone is poz, most of those who know it are on meds (making the odds even lower). Hell I'm married and still occasionally bb top dudes of unknown status (i.e. anons) without fear. Man up, sailor!

Good luck man. It's been 5 weeks since a guy stealthed me. Scared waiting for the 3 month mark to test hopefully neg. Im a bottom though and he said he was positive after it was too late so my odds are much worse than yours, but I know what it's like to be overwhelmed by it all.

Good luck man. It's been 5 weeks since a guy stealthed me. Scared waiting for the 3 month mark to test hopefully neg. Im a bottom though and he said he was positive after it was too late so my odds are much worse than yours, but I know what it's like to be overwhelmed by it all.

There is now a test that only has a 4-week window. Sound like you're an ideal candidate for it. As your county health department if they have access to this test.

Many guys promise to themselves to never bareback again.

Right. I've been saying it for 20 years, and yet every time, I'm right back at it again ready to let any cock load my hole and ready to dump mine in somebody else's. Funny how nature always triumphs over anything in its path.

• 1 month later...
thanks for the reply

I realise as a top I am less likely to get infected - but at the same time - I could of gotten a really unlucky once off

as much as i enjoyed it, it was a little "too" dodgy for my liking!

its good to hear from others though

Your risk level assuming the bottom is poz with an unknown viral level is about .03%. If you had bottomed the risk level is anywhere from .04%-3.0%

You have to make the choices of what you feel is too risky, and make smart decisions from there.