Hiv+ boy -but i'm hiv negative

Hi guys,,this is strange , but im in a relationship with a hiv+ boy but im not.

So far we did bare sex, but I can seed him and he cant not seed me, for a lot of reasons we are scared to do this.

We are 50/50 versatile in relationship..

What's your opinion about this ?

Am I too unfair with him== ???

AM I selfish..

Hope to have some info from you..

Guest GoodExercise

Go to your boyfriend, pull down your pants and get on your back, and pull your legs up over your chest. Then look your BF in the eye and ask him to FUCK you. FUCK you for real. When he gets close, ask him very nicely to please cum in you. No PrEP. No regrets. No barriers. Give yourself to your BF the way he gives himself to you.

If your boy friend is on meds and his VL is undetectable, the chance of infection is very low. There is a certain level of risk which both of need to be comfortable with. Remember, condoms aren't 100 effective either. You can also be run over by a bus or hit by a passing meteor. Life entails risk.

Guest pozbtm1967

I was in a relationship for 8 years (granted I'm a full power bottom) but my partner was neg. I'm fully undetectable. The risk on such level is about 1 in 600,000. Its still possible but there is risk. The choice in this matter is whether or not you and your partner decide to bareback. That is for you both to discuss and come to a decision. Find information, talk with your health providers (GET A GAY DOC) and start talking. Now, as for the PEP with Truvada, yes this is possible but remember there are some side effects with any medication (HIV meds or otherwise). Again, speak with your physician and if he or she doesn't want or refuses to discuss this with you then find another doctor.

It's your lives. Make your choices for how you feel and what is right for you. Don't let others make that choice for you. Whether you bareback with your undetectable partner or not, it is all good. The important part is getting information and talking.

Forget PrEP and concentrate on getting his viral load as low as possible. Reasoning: he has no healthy option but to take what are essentially poisonous chemicals (and yes, I have my daily tablets laid out on the desk in front of me, which includes medication to resolve problems caused by the antivirals and medication to resolve problems caused by... you get the picture). His having an undetectable viral load has exactly the same effect as you taking PrEP - though obviously if you don't want to risk HIV you'll have to keep things safe when whoring around. And if either of you are doing that, then you need need regular STI checkups because other people can be less than courteous about telling you (if they even know) about what passengers they have.

Another reason I say "forget PrEP" is the psychology that says "if I'm taking medication then there must be something wrong with me". So you start skipping doses. And one day you get fucked by someone with a strain of HIV resistant to the PrEP drugs, so that you end up knocked up, but not by your man. Yet another reason is that the PrEP drugs, like any drugs, can have side side effects: tenofovir (one of the PrEP drugs) damn near killed me last year with a rare side effect (1:100,000). I ended up delusional and starving to death. Another couple of weeks...

If his VL is undetectable, go for it!

Forget PrEP and concentrate on getting his viral load as low as possible. Reasoning: he has no healthy option but to take what are essentially poisonous chemicals (and yes' date=' I have my daily tablets laid out on the desk in front of me, which includes medication to resolve problems caused by the antivirals and medication to resolve problems caused by... you get the picture). His having an undetectable viral load has exactly the same effect as you taking PrEP - though obviously if you don't want to risk HIV you'll have to keep things safe when whoring around. And if either of you are doing that, then you need need regular STI checkups because other people can be less than courteous about telling you (if they even know) about what passengers they have.

Another reason I say "forget PrEP" is the psychology that says "if I'm taking medication then there must be something wrong with me". So you start skipping doses. And one day you get fucked by someone with a strain of HIV resistant to the PrEP drugs, so that you end up knocked up, but not by your man. Yet another reason is that the PrEP drugs, like any drugs, can have side side effects: tenofovir (one of the PrEP drugs) damn near killed me last year with a rare side effect (1:100,000). I ended up delusional and starving to death. Another couple of weeks...

If his VL is undetectable, go for it![/quote']

Love how much I always learn from you bearbandit

Guest hagerstownraw

For any1 who is interested, I am on Truvada for prevention. I have to have a series of lab tests every 3 months (comprehensive metabolic panel), and STD tests, HIV testing, anal swab, and throat culture. My prescription plan covers the price of Truvada and I have a Gilead copay card to take care of the $25 copay. Gilead has a program for PrEP for financial assistance (not sure the specifics). I have no side effects.

Edited by hagerstownraw