Which Sites that have disappeared do you miss most?

NastyRigPig

Mostly just Craigslist. Still relatively inexperienced with the internet hookup scene, but that's the only site I've ever tried using that is now gone. Got many cock off of it, it was easy to put yourself out there, and easy to find guys for raw. Lots of flakes, but that's an issue with the internet in general lol. BBRTS and A4A are starting to prove as suitable replacements though. 

• 2 months later...
Guest TopmanCA

I agree 100% with SoCalHole:  ICUII (later called ICU 2) was a paid-membership-only chat site. It started in 1998 and apparently lasted until 2016. I was a member from 2008-2012. The program downloaded direct to your device (laptops/desktops only and mostly Windows PC's) and was proprietary to that device. With that paid ($45) membership you got a second membership. That way you could have it on your desktop and laptop (these  were the days when guys brought your laptop with you when hooking up.
There was an adult only version and a family version. It was not exclusively gay or sexual. There was an automated trivia chatroom which provided a break from the fun in the other rooms. The Music Room as SoCalHole said, was the 'code' name for gay men's chats and cams and then I think you would drill down to whatever kink It you were into.

Technology we take for granted now was amazing to see then. The cam/chat room 'roll down' your screen as you opened. Visually I would compare an ICUII screen to what you'd see on Zoom. today. Regarding PNP : that was not as open and bold as today it is(which is not necessarily a good thing IMO) and ICUII had a very cool secretive 'club' aura about it. I developed greater self-confidence, loosened the choke hold I'd placed upon myself about my sexual self, and began learning not to judge others. When I joined ICU, I assumed everyone was white, middle aged, educated, upper middle class, good sports, and with no hidden agenda. I was proven wrong, and laugh at how naive i was. Some of my hookups are the stuff of legend. (and hopefully a future book project.

Regardless of background, all in all ICUII, with regards to the PNP community (which I dubbed cyber-cafe society' ) was a small brotherhood/fraternal close knit community. We interacted on many levels and looked out for each other.  Bad apples couldn't stick around long.
(at least that's how I remember it.) ?

Many of the men I met talked with, watched, met and played with from ICUII became long term genuine friendships that I cherish. Sadly, more than a few are gone.  When I mention ICUII to fuckbuddies today, those who remember it share my views.
So what happened to  ICUII?  . The official reason is that as free video chat sites like Skype, oovoo, tokbox etc appeared, ICUII could not compete and closed shop. Personally, I look at a particular site upgrade  (which also re-branded themselves as ICU2).  The entire structure and format changed; making it virtually impossible for we tweakers to adjust! I suggest you google for the wilder theories and for more info.

This I know: we will never see the likes of ICUII again.

A couple of other sites I miss:

oovoo: a competitor to Skype but better quality video and a lot more kinky.  I remember stumbling upon a gentleman using a butter knife as a sound.  Speaking of Skype, in its early (privately owned) version was fantastic. I still use it, but it gets worse with each 'upgrade' thanks to Microsoft.

Get 2 the Point: I cut my teeth on the mechanics of social media ( and the politics and pitfalls of having a stoner short on cash as your boss) when I  volunteered to serve as Content Manager. That grew into receiving monthly a small honorarium based on increased sales of memberships. I delivered, sales grew by triple digits, they stopped paying, i threatened to quit , they said fine, and i was back in the bullpen.  The site declined on all levels, the expected Chinese yen from investors never arrived. The result: the entire hosting platform for G2TP, Jack 4 Jack and several others fetish sites sank lnto cyberspace.

icuii-video-chat-screenshot.jpg

icuii1.gif

In the late 1980's 90's there was a site called pig media. Had profiles from all over the world, and you can imagine what they were like. There was anther similar site based out of England  in the early 2000's that was really full-on (can't remember the name unfortunately.) Gaydar had it's moments in the chat rooms before they stuffed it up.

As others have said earlier, I really miss Craigslist M2M. I'm sure I've had more hookups through Craigslist than any other website. Mainly because of Craigslist, I could get dozens of guys to come to a hotel cumdump with very little advanced planning. I've not been able to replicate the size of crowds at my cumdumps since Craigslist stopped taking hookup ads. 

Guest Cumlaut
9 hours ago, MuscleAss said:

It wasn’t a hookup site, but I miss tigermilner.com. His vids, stories and comments there and on this site. All his stuff seems to have disappeared,although his posts on breeding.zone remain. But his site and xtube vids are gone. He was fun to interact with. 

Um... I hope this page pleases you.

https://www.xtube.com/profile/banned4good-23358022/about-me

I definitely liked the video "football fuck", so...

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Vicarious said:

oddly enough I miss the old gay.com with IRC chat, was 17 when i started using it to get fucked

Agree completely. I got lots of loads from gay.com chat. I met my husband there, too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2