Anyone know if HIV meds show up in pre-employment drug screens?

I just accepted an offer of employment for an amazing new job. I have to have a drug screen as a condition of employment. While I'm not worried about illegal drugs showing up since I now have 75 days clean, I am concerned that my HIV meds might be a red flag of some kind. Anyone have any experience in this area? Especially would like to hear from guys who work in Human Resources or have first hand knowledge of the legal issues involved.

When I started Altripla my DR asked if my place of employment drug tests, She said it would show up as THC. She said if I changed companies to let them know so they could provide me with a letter.

• Administrators

I believe you would have grounds for a rather substantial lawsuit if they used your taking HIV meds as the reason for not hiring you. HIV is considered a disability and not hiring a poz person is against the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

Thanks guys, I thought so. I knew it might be a legal matter, but the offer I accepted was in writing and it did state it was contingent on Drug Screen and Background Check. I think it's funny they have no idea about my online identity. I have make sure I keep it that way! lol.