undetectable top and negative bottom

madltnlvr

I'm poz but undetectable and the partner I'm with is a negative bottom. We love to have sex but prefer it bb. I just feel guilty after because I do not want to pass it to him. I've been undetectable for over a year and on my meds. I have no other diseases. I do pretend to cum in him for the same reason but do pull out before I get close. So I just fuck him but don't cum in him and I know that isn't a preventative method but how likely is it for him to receive it if I'm undetectable and topping him a negative bottom? Please your opinions and tips

• Administrators

As long as you're consistently undetectable and have no other STDs then researchers with the Swiss Government say it's almost impossible for you to make your partner poz.

http://www.rawtop.com/blog/2008-02/update-on-the-swiss-statement-about-undetectable-viral-loads

However, if you want to make it even safer your partner could go on PrEP. That will protect him if there's every a hiccup in your viral load level.

I'm bloody paranoid about anybody getting HIV from me: if you're with a neg bottom - go for it! Undetectable serostatus is at least as effective as as condoms as far as HIV transmission is concerned. The worst that can happen is one of you pick up one of the "lesser" STI's all of which, even, Hep C are curable (though to be fair, Hep C does take a long time to medicate and get over).

I praise you for your caution, but even by my standards, you're taking it a bit far... Do me a favour: fuck his brains out tonight! ;) And tell us all about it tomorrow!

• 2 months later...

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm poz and have been undetectable for 12+ years (started HAART within months of my own infection). I'm almost always bottom, partially because that's who I am but also because I figure it reduces the risk for my partner even further if I'm not the one giving a load. Still, I feel guilty whenever a neg top fucks me bb (as in, don't ask don't tell). But if these are relatively casual hookups and they're doing it BB then I suppose they're more likely to get it from someone besides me.

Thoughts are welcome if you have any.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm poz but undetectable and the partner I'm with is a negative bottom. We love to have sex but prefer it bb. I just feel guilty after because I do not want to pass it to him. I've been undetectable for over a year and on my meds. I have no other diseases. I do pretend to cum in him for the same reason but do pull out before I get close. So I just fuck him but don't cum in him and I know that isn't a preventative method but how likely is it for him to receive it if I'm undetectable and topping him a negative bottom? Please your opinions and tips

Get him on PrEP asap. Thats what I am doing in my relationship, Im neg on PrEP, and poz undetectable. With that combo there is almost zero risk.

I posed that exact question at thebody.org, and heres what I got in response, (mind you this is from a doctor with a masters in public health)

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q232644.html

Long story short, I have not problem having condomless sex with him, and I enjoy every moment of it.