Using apps to find other guys or using your body language and sexuality instead?

HMR89

Hey guys!

Okay, so the other day I was having a conversation with my friends and my boyfriend. Some of them thought using apps like Grindr was a good idea when it comes to finding other guys. I tend to prefer body language and using my sexual aura (which I do believe in) in order to attract men. I've never used these apps or websites and the guys that I have slept with, by choice- 4 of them were straight and the rest I found on Facebook or in public places- like restaurants or cafes. I didn't make a fake profile or anything of the sort.

What do you prefer?

Being a geek and everything I always used apps. I never could understand cruising or anything like that until I got a little more experienced. I could tell when a man was cruising me but harder to cruise in public. Cruising in sex clubs or bath houses is rather easy. Eye contact, a certain look, if submissive or dominant show your role or nature and a nice smile or as you know body language. To be honest cruising probably will become somewhat of a loss art as apps, websites, and online takes over. Yes it's easy just to go online and say "Wanna fuck" or bullshit or chit chat to get them to come over or to go over to them. But I think it's more rewarding and more of a challenge to cruise at a bar, club, bath house, or even more tricky and rewarding in person.

That being said I did find my past partners online and current partners on growlr. That is something that cruising in person can't do. Help you find others outside your area. Well not completely true but you know what I mean. I think I prefer cruising without apps or the internet but I'll admit it was much easier going online or using an app.

Being a geek and everything I always used apps. I never could understand cruising or anything like that until I got a little more experienced. I could tell when a man was cruising me but harder to cruise in public. Cruising in sex clubs or bath houses is rather easy. Eye contact, a certain look, if submissive or dominant show your role or nature and a nice smile or as you know body language. To be honest cruising probably will become somewhat of a loss art as apps, websites, and online takes over. Yes it's easy just to go online and say "Wanna fuck" or bullshit or chit chat to get them to come over or to go over to them. But I think it's more rewarding and more of a challenge to cruise at a bar, club, bath house, or even more tricky and rewarding in person.

That being said I did find my past partners online and current partners on growlr. That is something that cruising in person can't do. Help you find others outside your area. Well not completely true but you know what I mean. I think I prefer cruising without apps or the internet but I'll admit it was much easier going online or using an app.

Easier, yes. I just think the mystery and all, in cruising or getting cruised is a lot more erotic :D

I used to cruise in bars & that generally worked for me; i.e., I'd get some hole to fuck. Especially when some guy would ask me, "what brings you out tonight?" and I'd reply, in my usual direct manner, "I'm lookin' for some ass to fuck"...since I don't drink anymore and also since a lot of the men in the bars are on their iPhones, etc.,; thus physically present but mentally absent, that approach no longer works well for me.

I have been labeled a "vibe-boy" and it's true: I emit some mighty strong ones and lotsa guys pick up on them...

I used to cruise in bars & that generally worked for me; i.e.' date=' I'd get some hole to fuck. Especially when some guy would ask me, "what brings you out tonight?" and I'd reply, in my usual direct manner, "I'm lookin' for some ass to fuck"...since I don't drink anymore and also since a lot of the men in the bars are on their iPhones, etc.,; thus physically present but mentally absent, that approach no longer works well for me.

I have been labeled a "vibe-boy" and it's true: I emit some mighty strong ones and lotsa guys pick up on them...[/quote']

If more guys like you were more direct it would make it easy. I think only one time I walked up to a Sir at a leather bar and asked permission and if he needed anything. And he flat out said he was going to fuck me. And that he did. Bars have changed a lot with phones. When I used to go out to bars I'd have my phone but I'd almost never be on it. Having your phone out you might be looking for some dick or ass but like you said it makes you look like you are absent, taken, or just occupied. But then again going back and forth until you both admit you want to fuck can be hot as well. Direct and bold or subtle and leading up can all be hot depending on the situation or the guy.

• 5 years later...
Guest FinalDL2021
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2013 at 4:20 PM, HMR89 said:

Hey guys!

Okay, so the other day I was having a conversation with my friends and my boyfriend. Some of them thought using apps like Grindr was a good idea when it comes to finding other guys. I tend to prefer body language and using my sexual aura (which I do believe in) in order to attract men. I've never used these apps or websites and the guys that I have slept with, by choice- 4 of them were straight and the rest I found on Facebook or in public places- like restaurants or cafes. I didn't make a fake profile or anything of the sort.

What do you prefer?

I feel the same way, I recently just burned out on dating apps, and now try and meet men through other methods. I am currently going to a gym, where I try and use my sexual aura.  I did meet a guy last weekend,  he came over and complemented me on my endurance, on the treadmill, and we then started working out together.  We enjoyed each others company, and he informed me he was in an open relationship.  True, the gym was on the Castro in SF, so the odds where in my favor, yet I enjoy this method much more than I ever did with online dating.

3 hours ago, rawFucker84 said:

Using body language and looks isn't doing much for me since everyone is constantly staring at their phone in public.

eh, that's actually a good point.  i'm surprised at the number of guys on their phones when i go to a bath house. 

Still, i do like and miss the cruising that happened prior to online and apps.  Even in restrooms between stalls, that energy one feels is really hot without the delay... both are obviously there for sex NOW, you avoid a lot of stuff, like flaking.  i used to even have regular FB's at certain places, was pretty awesome. 

I'm the worlds worst 'flirt' -- as a naturally upfront and gregarious guy, I don't do it or read it well, so online or going to a very sexual place like a sauna tend to work best for me...or just texting all of your fuck buds and hope some show up LOL