Want HPV advice pronto please

HMR89

Hey guys,

Most of you here have barebacked and I need your help in figuring some shit out. Here goes:

Last year, in December, my ex-boyfriend and I had sex without a condom but once. We only had sex thrice in 2 months before he broke up with me. Anyway, he was a virgin before me and trust me, from the way he was doing me, I know he was a virgin. This ex of mine had a wart on his right middle finger. I asked him about it once or twice and he said when he was younger the wart would be on his left finger but now it was on his right middle finger. He said initially it started as small water-filled bubble-like pimples. He'd pop them with a pen . These pimples or whatever would go away and then, they'd come back until they completely stopped coming that way. That was when this wart popped up on his left finger. After a few years it came on his right finger.

1.5 months after we had sex that one time without a condom I got, what the doctor called, anal wart on my anus- 3 of them. They were cauliflower like in shape and color. The doctor said this was due to unprotected sex. He zapped the warts on my anus and after I recovered I started dating another guy who I still am with. So my current boyfriend and I used condoms initially and then we agreed upon bb sex after we got our tests done too. A few weeks ago, he discovered 2 tiny, brown, warts on his penis. He thought it may have been a skin tag.

Between that time and now, I involuntarily got my blood tested because my father needed blood for an operation. The drs took some of my blood and carried out some tests and said I was in the clear and that I could donate blood. Today, my boyfriend (current bf) visited his dermatologist who told him that he had WARTS NOT SKIN TAGS AND THAT IT WAS DUE TO UNPROTECTED SEX. My boyfriend is very careful and swears he has never bbed with anyone else. So, eliminating this possibility, do you guys think that I am an HPV carrier? Please do help pronto.

P.S- The warts were treated on February 17th and went away by the last week of March completely. Before and after this we used condoms but we barebacked in June/July and from then on we only had bb sex.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you can spread them - whether or not you have symptoms or visible warts or have been 'treated' - months and months later. Your blood won't have been screened for HPV so it's irrelevant.

Either he's not a virgin, or you could have caught it months before from a different guy. HPV can live in your body for weeks/months/years before warts pop up. It's too late for you but HPV vaccinations rock.

• Administrators

Something like 40% of gay guys have HPV. You get them burned or frozen off and that's usually the end of it - at least for a while. I know I had some years ago, had one or two treatments at that time and they've never returned.

AFAIK the sex doesn't have to be unprotected to transmit HPV. You could get HPV from frottage which is completely safe.

The other issue is that once you have HPV you always have it - it's inside you. Which means sex with other HPV+ guys isn't really a big deal. And HPV- guys can get vaccinated - there's no reason for anyone to get HPV these days.

So I'd say, relax. Who really cares how you got it? Unless it's causing a continuing problem (like a friend of mine who has it in his urethra) then don't worry about it.

Something like 40% of gay guys have HPV. You get them burned or frozen off and that's usually the end of it - at least for a while. I know I had some years ago, had one or two treatments at that time and they've never returned.

AFAIK the sex doesn't have to be unprotected to transmit HPV. You could get HPV from frottage which is completely safe.

The other issue is that once you have HPV you always have it - it's inside you. Which means sex with other HPV+ guys isn't really a big deal. And HPV- guys can get vaccinated - there's no reason for anyone to get HPV these days.

So I'd say, relax. Who really cares how you got it? Unless it's causing a continuing problem (like a friend of mine who has it in his urethra) then don't worry about it.

The warts were burned off but I've never had any other symptoms so far. What could that mean? The reason I'm asking how I may have got it is because I'm not sure if it is HPV. Does it sound like HPV to you?

• Administrators
The warts were burned off but I've never had any other symptoms so far. What could that mean? The reason I'm asking how I may have got it is because I'm not sure if it is HPV. Does it sound like HPV to you?

Warts around your dick or ass = HPV. You're like me - you had one outbreak and that was sort of the end of it. I think the wart itself is what the person has to come in contact with. So not sure if you can transmit it unless you have a wart somewhere and don't know it.

So not sure if you can transmit it unless you have a wart somewhere and don't know it.

You can transmit it without having any bumps - it's usually spread by symptomless guys. And there's no (widely available) HPV test for men, so you've no way of knowing how long you're infectious for.

Oh its way higher than that. People dont realize it, but HPV is EVERYWHERE, only a few kinds really manifest itself as anything. If you are a sexually active gay man, you have HPV of some kind, simple as that. Its something like 99% of gay men have it. And heres why, unlike HIV, HPV is ridiculously easy to transmit. kissing a guy? you can get HPV, feeling each other up naked? you can get HPV. rubbing a dick on your ass with no penetration, you can get HPV.

However the thing about HPV is that most strains do next to nothing. For example the strain that causes warts is NOT the same strain that causes cervical and anal cancers. Also many people who do have the strains that can cause things like warts or cancer never get either. Its still not a bad idea to get vaccinated, but really any sexual contact with other sexually active guys is likely to have transmitted HPV.

HPV isnt something to really have tons of worry about. Get it treated if need be, and take care of yourself. Also getting anal pap smears is also a really good idea for sexually active men.

Oh thank you for telling me about the various strains. I was so worried. I'm monogamous now though as is my ex. Yeah supposedly any form of skin contact can lead to HPV from what I've been looking up. So, there's no need to get rid of it from within the system?

Oh thank you for telling me about the various strains. I was so worried. I'm monogamous now though as is my ex. Yeah supposedly any form of skin contact can lead to HPV from what I've been looking up. So, there's no need to get rid of it from within the system?

you cant get rid of HPV. It never goes away, the symptoms (warts, etc) can be treated. Most people that have warts never get them again, despite still having the virus. The exception to that is HIV+ people with AIDS. With a very weak immune system, it is possible to have an outbreak again.

• 3 months later...

Hey!

I just stumbled upon your thread, I have HPV myself, had anal warts surgically removed about 10 days ago, going to the toilet is still a real pain and I kind of feel sore all the time (and not the good kind).

It can take multiple treatments to get rid of them apparently, I can't really tell but I feel as though I have already one coming back, not really looking forward to it.

According to my doc though, you can have it for a long time before warts show up (if they show up at all), best bet is to do the best you can for your immune system (sleep well, no smoking, etc) even though it is hard to do.