Want HPV advice pronto please

HMR89

I got it from giving a bj, that's how easy it is to get.Plus it's easier to get HIV after it.

Edited by Chris42
Needed to add something.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HIV information sites are littered with statements that having another STI will make you more vulnerable to HIV, and that it will spike a Poz person's viral load making him/her more likely to transmit the virus.

It's certainly logical and feasible that SOME types of STI that create sores and major inflammation would make someone more receptive to HIV. Logic dictates with HPV the susceptibility would be only at the sight of an outbreak. But I'm not sure a wart creates the conditions that would increase the chance of infection. Of course we need to add viral load to the discussion. Both a newly infected guy with a viral load of several million, or chronic infected guy with 30,000 to 120,000 have great deal more power to Poz, than an undetectable.

The Partner study may call into question the old trope that All STIs create and increase susceptibility, and that all STIs spike the viral load. Remember that 16% of the gay couples had STIs caught from outside playmates. None of Poz guys had a spike of their viral load. None of the Neg guys caught HIV from their Poz partner despite both of them having an STI.

• 6 months later...

While you can have them removed HPV/genital warts has no cure. You can have more outbreaks at any time. What usually ends up happening is you're have periodic outbreaks but after a while it will run its course and the outbreaks stop. I got genital warts (not on my ass) And have several outbreaks for about 5 years or so, couple times a year. Would just have them froze off, hurts like an SOB but its the fastest way to get rid of the warts.

Another point to consider, condoms DO NOT protect you from getting Herpes OR HPV/warts. They can be trasmitted from skin/area around your dick and not necessarily just the shaft so a condom doesnt necessarily help you.If you're fucking a chick and she has them they can be inside her pussy and the condom will help but the virus covers that whole area.

And HIV risk is not increased because you have another STD. "Unless" You have open sores from the STD, but just having another STD like herpes or HPV does not increase HIV risk