Access to Non-Fiction HIV Fetish & Chem Sex Is Now Opt-In For All Users

rawTOP

• Administrators

I got tons of emails and PMs asking me why they didn't have access to certain parts of the site. I just directed them to this thread. Since I'm tired of giving out the same answer over and over, I've modified the error messages so they tell you that the access problem is one of things: 1) your email is bouncing or 2) you need to opt-in. I'll be a little shocked if people can't figure it out now.

And by the way, I'm still seeing 15% of the people who opt-in for HIV fetish stuff not opt-in for chem sex stuff (though they do opt-in for groups which has some chem sex). Then there are all the people who aren't opting into anything at all. But still quite a few have opted-in.

• Administrators

Here are the stats so far… In the past 4 days since I put the opt-in policy in place - 957 users have opted-in for the bug chasing / gift giving areas, 827 have opted-in for groups, and 797 have opted-in for chem sex. Given that 1,758 logged-in members have been on the site in the past 24-hours (and there would be more than that in the past 4 days) - that means that less than half have chosen to see the "backroom" sort of stuff. And even among those who opt-in 17% didn't want to see chem sex stuff.

So hopefully people like the site better these days now that you don't see the stuff that bothers you. This sort of strategy - showing people only the stuff they want - is really how I want to move forward with this site and with BBBH.com. I want to be all things to all people - so a vanilla site for vanilla guys and a hardcore bug chasing site for bug chasers.

Any thoughts or suggestions on impact of the changes?

Edited by rawTOP

Did the settings change further in the last couple of days? I have access to the "Bug Chasing & Gift Giving fiction" but not the HIV Fetish forum. Same with the Chem fiction vs. sex w/enhancements. Also now don't have access to Heterosexual-&-Bisexual-Bug-Chasing-Gift-Giving fourm which I had a couple of days ago.

I've joined the groups you mentioned above but today it seems that I have partial access where I had full access previously

Edited by rawTOP

• Administrators
Did the settings change further in the last couple of days? I have access to the "Bug Chasing & Gift Giving fiction" but not the HIV Fetish forum. Same with the Chem fiction vs. sex w/enhancements. Also now don't have access to Heterosexual-&-Bisexual-Bug-Chasing-Gift-Giving fourm which I had a couple of days ago.

I've joined the groups you mentioned above but today it seems that I have partial access where I had full access previously

Well, you posted in the right thread. Now I suggest you read the thread and follow the instructions.

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered that I cannot access my groups. I get an error page :

Your email address may be bouncing. Go to "Settings" -> "Edit Email" to change your email. (It is not bouncing and I regularly receive emails from the site)

You may be trying to access an area which now requires you to explicitly opt-in. Go to "Settings" -> "Permission Groups" to opt-in. (I tried this but it only offers me 3 gtoups)

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. (?) Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? (none of these)

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. (have you disabled it, if so why, and could you please reinstate it)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

For the record ,nearly 4,000 people have been able to figure out how to permission themselves for the things they want to see. I'm still amazed when people contact me for help on this issue. Yeah, you have to jump through a few hoops, but it's not that hard. JUST READ THE ERROR MESSAGE YOU GET - it tells you everything you need to know.

• 4 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.