Can i get hiv+ by rough deepthroating ??

fsafe

There's a theoretical risk in that poz cum might find a an open wound in the mouth (or throat if you're more skilled than me), but if I've just had a tooth out of have accidentally bitten the inside of my cheek, I'm likely to avoid sucking cock. Plus there's an enzyme in saliva that's inimical to HIV.

I'm always dubious about claims that "I got it from sucking cock": it's like the mentality is that cocksucking is somehow less gay than taking it up the ass. Doubtless there are a few cases where it's happened, but I believe the figures for getting HIV through oral sex are inflated by guys who can't admit they got fucked.

There's a theoretical risk in that poz cum might find a an open wound in the mouth (or throat if you're more skilled than me), but if I've just had a tooth out of have accidentally bitten the inside of my cheek, I'm likely to avoid sucking cock. Plus there's an enzyme in saliva that's inimical to HIV.

I'm always dubious about claims that "I got it from sucking cock": it's like the mentality is that cocksucking is somehow less gay than taking it up the ass. Doubtless there are a few cases where it's happened, but I believe the figures for getting HIV through oral sex are inflated by guys who can't admit they got fucked.

well said bearbandit thanks for the info

• Upvote 1

Guest JizzDumpWI

bug chasing and bare are different things. During 80's i largely sucked, quite a lot actually. Giving and getting anal loads was with guys I took time to get to know. Managed to not convert then. In human history there has to be at least one cock sucking conversion, but not very common.

Up until PrEP became available, conversion was the likely consequence of raw sex. So whether one was a chaser or not, the risk was the same. Back in the early sixties pregnancies dropped as the pill came on the market. Now fairly common, couples stop the pill to get preggers. Five years from now I suspect we will see same in gay sex. Poz is not a picnic, so ultimately prevention while raw will become normal.

EXACTLY. I had a friend who said he got it from sucking dick, IMO cause he didnt want to tell his BF at the time, he was out getting fucked, when he pretended to be all top.

While not as insignificant as oral, topping is also less risk, and I find it amusing that more than a few guys will also claim they got it from topping, only to find out later they bottom often.

• Upvote 1

I think you are right on the money when you say that the goal should be "prevention while raw."

bug chasing and bare are different things. During 80's i largely sucked, quite a lot actually. Giving and getting anal loads was with guys I took time to get to know. Managed to not convert then. In human history there has to be at least one cock sucking conversion, but not very common.

Up until PrEP became available, conversion was the likely consequence of raw sex. So whether one was a chaser or not, the risk was the same. Back in the early sixties pregnancies dropped as the pill came on the market. Now fairly common, couples stop the pill to get preggers. Five years from now I suspect we will see same in gay sex. Poz is not a picnic, so ultimately prevention while raw will become normal.

I think you are right on the money when you say that the goal should be "prevention while raw."

This is one of the issues now with PrEP.

Sure If I dont use a condom you can say I'm having "unprotected sex" but to what extent is that true with a guy on PrEP.

Im dating an undetectable HIV+ guy right now, and we have sex without condoms. We have both been tested for other STI's. He's on treatment, Im on PrEP, so how is that "unprotected" sex?