Raw fuck with 2 undetectable tops. Safe?

Guest CuriousBoy

Guest RAWGUYUK
The hard line is if you don't want to risk getting HIV' date=' the only sure way is never to have sex with anyone. PrEP has the occasional failure, condoms fail somewhat more often and monogamous negative partners may well cheat on you. If you really really don't want HIV, make your wanking hand your lover. Of course if you're that nervy about risk, you'll need someone to plug electrical devices into the wall for you, and don't ever cross a road...[/quote']

Lol! True. Of course, condoms aren't effective 100% of the time. I guess I'm making the point that we all take risks based on choices around potential outcomes. Every element of life has risk. But for a person who genuinely doesn't think they could cope with HIV then taking loads from "undetectable" guys seems like a silly thing to do. Because you can never know a persons viral load at THAT particular moment. And of course they could be lying. Taking PREP AND taking undetectable loads is less silly but still not 100% safe.

The poster of this topic needs to weigh up his options. But if he is going to take loads "undetectable" or not, then PREP is definitely a good thing to do to reduce the risk.

Lol! True. Of course, condoms aren't effective 100% of the time..

Good to know someone got the joke and the point... ;-)

And @hollywoodslut - I'd been meaning to reply to you your remark for a while but forgot where it was: We're always preaching to the choir, you and I, we just got different approaches!

About 10% of undetectable guys have detectable virus in their semen. There have been no studies that I know of comparing levels of virus in blood and semen, but it's only logical to assume that levels in the semen undetectable guys is pretty low, otherwise we'd be seeing a lot more infections. Interesting to note that integrase inhibitors (raltegravir and dolutegravir reach the parts other antivirals don't reach.

I can't speak for dolutegravir, never having taken it, but raltegravir has a low side-effect profile and is effective at lowering the viral load quickly. Since it's got a better than average penetration rate, it's not unreasonable to think that guys on raltegravir would have a lower than average viral load in their semen. Since viral load testing became routine, I had my first zero viral load (number, not euphemism: they literally couldn't find a viral particle in my blood). I've been taking it for eighteen months now and the only disadvantage it has is that it's a twice a day pill: no matter, I take it with my diabetes meds. I sure as hell know when I've missed taking them...

However, in the long run, PrEP would be a good idea if it's available to you. If you're in the UK Google PROUD Study truvada for details. They've recruited 335 guys and want 500. Eight testing sites around England and Scotland (but alas none in Wales or N Ireland).

Thanx fot the info, i've contacted Proud and have got a place in the study, plus it's only open until the end of January 2014, so anyone else should apply asaap !!!

There are two groups in the study. Group A go on the meds straight away, but Group B have to wait twelve months before getting the meds, but still get regual Health Checks etc...

Good Cub!

Hope you end up in the start immediately group. And thank you for volunteering to take part in the study at all.

Please, keep us informed on your progress (with mucky stories if they're there!!)

Wishing you the best of luck!

Thanx once again BearBandit for the heads up and will try and tell all my adventures once i find out the full info when i go to the Mcr Clinic next week xxx