New York State Guidelines on PrEP

rawTOP

• Administrators

There are times when I'm glad I live in a blue state. New York just came out with their official guidelines on PrEP. It goes into who should go on it, what should be checked before someone goes on, and what should be checked in follow up visits. Here's the link…

http://www.hivguidelines.org/clinical-guidelines/pre-exposure-prophylaxis/guidance-for-the-use-of-pre-exposure-prophylaxis-prep-to-prevent-hiv-transmission/

Somehow I just can't see Alabama, Utah, etc. bothering to give guidance to their doctors. If you ever complain about high taxes in states like New York - this is what you're getting for your tax dollars. This and stuff like HIV meds for guys who can't afford them.

So if you're doctor isn't quite sure how to handle PrEP show him (or her) that guide. It should be enough that any competent doctor can follow it and you'll get decent care.