Went to the doctor for an annual physical and all I got was a positive HIV result

UPDATE:

It's now been one year since I learned I was POZ.

Looking back, I still don't regret what eventually led up to that diagnosis and I don't let the fact I'm POZ define me.

I only had one major crises of conscious, which came after learning my dad was suffering from kidney failure (brought on by a long undiagnosed auto-immune disorder that runs in my family). At the time I really feared I might be asked to donate a kidney, which would have led to my disclosing my status to several family members at once. It didn't come to that and sadly my father passed in November.

I'm healthy and remain undetectable with good cd4 levels.

I recently changed jobs, now working in public relations with a 9-5 schedule and much less stress than working in television.

Thanks for all the advice early on. Your contributions were greatly appreciated.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 120DaysofSodom

My advice would be to: 6) If you ever become interested in dating, date a poz guy. If you date a neg guy, use rubbers and don't disclose your status until you both know you have feelings for one another.

This is pretty shitty advice... not to mention totally unethical.