Ending Smallpox Vaccinations May Have Given Rise To The Spread Of HIV

• Administrators

You may know by now that the people that are immune or resistant to HIV tend to come from countries that were hit hard by Smallpox. Their ancestors were the ones whose bodies fought off the disease and then that genetic adaptation was passed on to their offspring. Once Smallpox was eradicated they phased out vaccinations between the 1950s and 1970s. Even though HIV had been around for something like 100 years it was in the late '70s that HIV started spreading and then in '80/'81 they started noticing a wave of people getting ill.

Scientists in the U.S. studied white blood cells taken from people recently immunised with the smallpox vaccine, vaccinia.

They found that immunisation led to a five-fold reduction in the ability of HIV to replicate in the cells.

That means Smallpox vaccine might be an effective HIV vaccine and even a treatment for people with HIV...

Read more...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1279237/End-smallpox-vaccination-linked-spread-HIV.html

As a northern European by birth and ancestry, I've considered testing for the CCR 35 gene. Knowing that I possessed the gene would take a lot of the anxiety out of being a neg cumdump. I'd take the test if I became aware of a relaible U.K. lab.

• Administrators
As a northern European by birth and ancestry, I've considered testing for the CCR 35 gene. Knowing that I possessed the gene would take a lot of the anxiety out of being a neg cumdump. I'd take the test if I became aware of a relaible U.K. lab.

I've thought about asking my doc for the test. Knowing would make a difference psychologically. I heard there's a place on the Internet where you can get a complete genetic analysis and it includes the CCR5 mutation test. When I heard about it they were charging $400, which I didn't feel like paying. If it were just the one test and more like $40 or $50 I'd do it in a heartbeat.

BTW, I think it's CCR5, not 35...