Good Bath House in Los Angeles?

WetSpotChico

Greetings,

I'll be in Los Angeles on March 7th attending the California Democratic Convention at the Convention Center south of downtown. I won't have a car so will depend on public transportation.

Can anyone recommend a good bath house? I was looking at Mid Towne, but hear it's in a seedy neighborhood (no pun intended). I could take the subway out to Hollywood where see there some bath houses. It's been decades since I've played in LA.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Slammers can be hit or miss. Lots of good looking hot men there but they can be standoffish kinda like stand and model. I could get that at a bar where I can get a drink. Midtowne would be your best bet and the neighborhood is mostly commercial/industrial. If you take a cab, you'll be fine and you'll have more fun.

I'm a big guy and I've always have had a good time at Slammer. Actually used by 5 guys in the sling in the container area last tIme I was there. Looking forward to next month when I'm back in LA to hit the place up again. It's right off the red line but the buses on N Vermont run all night.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my thoughts/reviews:

Midtowne Spa tends to be hit or miss; also, safe sex seems to be more prevalent here than at the other bathhouses. The building entrance is along a relatively safe & quiet industrial street, but the surrounding area is much more sketchy and often dangerous (check the Google images for Skid Row Los Angeles); so definitely take a taxi.

Flex Spa on Melrose Ave tends to be fun and usually has a good looking crowd at night as well as daytime in sunny weather (due to their outdoor pool & jacuzzi).

Hollywood Spa tends to attract the party boys.

North Hollywood Spa was really boring the only time that I went (about 10 years ago on a Saturday night).

1350 Club in Wilmington (near Long Beach) can be fun, but it isn't easy to via public transit and a taxi would be expensive.

Melrose Spa tends to be hit or miss, and also tends to attract party guys (especially late at night).

In addition to the bathhouses listed above, there are two sex clubs (similar to Blow Buddies in San Francisco): Slammer and the Zone. Comparing the two, Slammer tends to have more fucking and the guys are a bit wilder.

Hope this info helps. Have fun!!

• 1 month later...

Oh my,

Such nostalgia. My BF and would drive into LA from Laguna beach on the weekends. We were 15 and 17. Keep that in mind.

A very good friend of my BF, knew a guy, that knew a guy who managed the 1350 club. The next day we happened to be in the right place at the right time, and met Mr Manager, who turned out to be a troll, but we were inside that night. But, you mentioned Melrose and another I didn't recognize. Does anyone know of the Coral Sands motel. We would go there and It was like a bath house. That was 35+yrs ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Coral Sands has new ownership as of a couple of years ago and is no longer a quasi bath house.

Oh my,

Such nostalgia. My BF and would drive into LA from Laguna beach on the weekends. We were 15 and 17. Keep that in mind.

A very good friend of my BF, knew a guy, that knew a guy who managed the 1350 club. The next day we happened to be in the right place at the right time, and met Mr Manager, who turned out to be a troll, but we were inside that night. But, you mentioned Melrose and another I didn't recognize. Does anyone know of the Coral Sands motel. We would go there and It was like a bath house. That was 35+yrs ago.