Chia seeds. Nature's buttgrease. Great bottom food.

Guest PozGoat

From my side of the taste- they are pretty tasteless. I have added them to salads, to yogurt and to milkshakes, as well as orange juice. Never noticed any real flavor- or if at all ( usually when picking loose ones out from between my teeth- ) there is a slight poppy seed kind of flavor.

What do Chia seeds taste like? Is the taste unpleasant? If you add it to yogurt or cereal or a salad does it change the taste of what you add it to?

They taste nothing. I add them to juice usually, and leave it for 10-15 minutes before I drink it.

Question - those of you taking them - do you take them in addition to psyllium fiber or in lieu of it? In other words I've been taking psyllium but don't know if I still need to take it if I'm taking chia seeds?

BTW, they were really expensive at my grocery store, so ordered 6 lbs on Amazon and then was shocked how big of a bag that was.

Pump: I add the Chia to my Nutribullet. I make one in the day. Specifically, a liver kidney detox recipe. I add a tablespoon to that. Then right before bed, I take two psyllium capsules as well. This is all taken at the same time. Same goes for my Truvada. Let me tell you, cleanings been a breeze. I try and do two tablespoons a day.

I take two psyllium capsules as well. Let me tell you, cleanings been a breeze. I try and do two tablespoons a day.

So you take both. I got my seeds a couple days ago. Took one that evening, then 4 yesterday and 1 so far today. When I cleaned out today I couldn't believe how quickly it went. I cleaned deep with a 13" hose. It usually takes me 2 hours and then lasts for 12 hours. This time I was done in about a half hour. If I hadn't cleaned that high it would have taken 10-15 min. Amazing... Though I'll probably taper down and take less unless I know I'm going to be going to a sex party or something.

Blueyedsoul: You should avoid taking psyllium fiber within two hours before or after taking medications. (Read the label, it says that.) Psyllium can interfere with how the medication is absorbed (presumably by absorbing it itself). If you're on Truvada either for PrEP or because you're poz, you probably don't want to diminish its effect.

• Administrators
Blueyedsoul: You should avoid taking psyllium fiber within two hours before or after taking medications. (Read the label, it says that.) Psyllium can interfere with how the medication is absorbed (presumably by absorbing it itself). If you're on Truvada either for PrEP or because you're poz, you probably don't want to diminish its effect.

I asked my doctor about that 'cause I saw the warning on the bottle - and he said it was fine - at least for the meds I'm taking (including Truvada). There are meds that aren't compatible with psyllium, but none of mine fall in that category.

• Administrators
RawTop: Thanks for doing my homework for me. :):2thumbs:

BTW, I actually asked two doctors - my colo-rectal surgeon - who didn't think twice with her answer of "it's not a problem" - and my GP who thought aloud as he ran down the list of meds I took and then said "no problem". I trust my GP's answer more than the colo-rectal surgeon's answer.

• 2 months later...

Where do they sell chia seeds in England, grocery stores or health food stores? In Norway we can only get them at health food stores, and they're really expensive, so I want to buy some when I go to Brighton next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...