How Risky Is Barebacking? Per incident risk quantified...

• Administrators
I've been very lucky because after getting my hole creamed at least 1,500 times (avg. 12 per month for 10 years) and drinking thousands of creamy loads in gloryholes and darkrooms, I'm still HIV-neg.

Sounds like you've got a CCR5 mutation and are either resistant or (more likely) immune (from most form of HIV)...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Thought I'd mention the CDC has taken many of the results from this study, combined them with some other results and put them up in the "legal documents" portion of their website.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/law/transmission.htm

I'm guessing the CDC is concerned about the continued legal assault on poz folk and feel it should be lifted for those on meds who are undetectable and can't transmit the virus.

Where does topping an "undetectable" guy fall on the risk spectrum?

And that sort of answers your question - the data for this study was collected in the '80s and early '90s - before the advent of ARVs. Once on ARVs and undetectable they're probably less risky than "negative" guys. So when you read "poz" in the study - you need to interpret that as poz and not on meds since when the data were collected for the study there was no such thing as meds.