PrEP Truvada Side Effects

jizzpig

On 8/18/2017 at 7:59 PM, jogupo said:

I would be far more concerned about the long term side effects with HIV medications. Over time the drugs are very hard on your kidneys especially if you drink or do any drugs. These side effects are heavily downplayed by HIV organizations because many of them receive large grants from the drug company directly. You should do serious research on these issues before deciding to take Truvada. Also if you are diabetic or have other conditions that already would make you more prone to kidney disease be very careful.

Please tell me more about kidney disease possibly related to prep.

Thank you

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Pigmut said:

Please tell me more about kidney disease possibly related to prep.

Thank you

If you are getting the tests that the CDC recommends doctors periodically give, the you are covered. Kidney function is one of the things they are checking. A very few people have the issue, but it will correct its3lf once they stop taking the drug. 

Fortunately for me,I've been on it for several weeks and have noticed zero side effects. I just have to point out, tho, the tragic humor of "Hey, gay boys! Here's a pill that will let you take it up the ass all you want without contracting HIV! Oh, and the major side effect is nasty diarrhea. Now go out and enjoy all that anal sex you'll be getting!" I mean, it's not really funny..,.which makes it hilarious. 

• Upvote 2

i just stopped taking PrEP  after nearly 3 years. During this time i did take some breaks of upto a couple of months. i did have some stomach issues the first time, but only for a couple of weeks. My experience was that taking it in the morning was better on my stomach and i had better sleep. i did notice that when i stopped this time, 4 weeks ago i think, my joints felt much better. Dont wake up with stiff elbows, ankles, knees, neck or hands.  Not read about this being a side effect, so curious if anyone else has experienced this. I had the kidney function checks every 90 days and they never changed, although i often had lower back pan in my kidney area. Of course the big thing that did change was the amount of unidentified sperm that was pumped into my body. It was strange at first to put my trust in a little pill and i started slowly. Once i had, very nervously btw, taken a couple of anon loads the feeling was incredible! After the 180 day check, which was after taking, at least claimed, infectious loads, and still neg, i totally slutted out. i have been fucked in alley ways in Chicago by homeless guys for a sandwich, and at the hostel on i think its Wilson.  i have had so many cocks whose owner i never saw pump their sperm into my ass. i have had wet patches on my jeans and wet socks from spending days just saying yes to anyone on A4A or BBRT  who hit me up. i did get anal chlamydia and gonorrhea in my ass several times and anal warts, but no HIV.  

• 1 month later...