Naked at the Gym

AndyOboy

So I have noticed that guys at my gym never get naked. Not in the showers. Not in the Sauna. Not in the locker room. I have even seen men with shoes and socks on in the sauna. WTF? It's odd, and really fantastic when I walk around completed naked.

No signs, showers have doors so it's more difficult to leave it open a crack if you're checking around, but nobody is ever naked. Ever.

I also don't cruise or have sex in this or any prior health club I used. I kind of like to keep that separate, but I do appreciate looking at naked men - 'cept not here.

There is a definitely a trend that fewer guys get naked in the locker room. A large percentage of guys at my gym take off their swimsuits or gymshorts, and put on their underwear while wrapped in a towel.

I was watching the movie "UnHung Hero" and a doctor in there explained part of it. Straight guys these days don't even know what an average dick looks like.

When I was younger we showed and changed after gym class. Hell when we had swim class as part of gym, it was in the nude. With most high school gym classes these days, nobody showers, and they wear the same undershorts under their gym shorts, then just take off the gym shorts, and put their pants back on.

Personally I've wondered if that was a side effect from from all the shaved and trimmed pubes these days. Most young guys don't even know what a normal bush looks like. I get the extra optical inch principle, but my dick is still the same sadly average size with the pubes trimmed or not. Personally I have not yet found a reason to manscape.

Personally I prefer that a crotch on a man, looks like it belongs on a man, not a pre-pubecent child.

I've also noticed that especially amongst Muslim men, they prefer to change in the private cubicals, or failing that, definitely under a towel. I have a theory that it may be the male equivalent of modesty that we always her Muslim women speak about when they refer to the Hijab or the veil. Any Muslim men on here care to comment about that?

nudity Is pretty lax at the Y I go to, decent amount of people are nude in the dry sauna and about a quarter of the people walk back from the showers without their towls covering themselves. When people change most will face the lockers but that's it.

• 3 weeks later...

That seems pretty weird to me, especially considering where you live isn't what you would normally expect to be overly conservative with that kind of thing. Guys tending to be covered up in the lockerroom when changing I could sort of see, but for that to be the norm not only in the sauna but the showers too is surprising. Hopefully this isn't the start of a trend toward prudishness. We sure don't need more of that!