Westboro Baptist Church founder, Fred Phelps, near death

hairyone

When a friend asked me what I thought, I really had to spend some time deciding. In the end, I created a Facebook Event

http://www.facebook.com/events/1484971411723761/

Here's the description:

The news reports that the founder of Westboro Baptist Church (the Thank-God-For-Dead-Soldiers and God-Hates-Fags people) is very ill and nearing death. For a group that tried so hard to ruin the funerals of innocent people, the irony would not be lost on anyone if his own funeral were interrupted by protests.

But I have a better idea, and am passing this around just to see if it will get off the ground: Westboro Baptist thrived on media attention, and making a scene at Phelps' funeral would only give them more of that, while at the same time lowering ourselves to their level.

When word comes of his passing, we should organize the date of his funeral as a day of charity. Donate our time and talents to groups that support vets, youth, freedom of choice and emotional support. Give the news media so much GOOD news to report that they don't even have five seconds to mention Phelps.

For a man who was so certain that his God would judge others, let's leave him to be judged by that very same God. We've got better things to do down here on Earth, and what better way to start than by fixing some of the pain that he caused.

We can't set a day or time just yet, as Phelps is still alive... but when reports of his passing are confirmed and a date is set for his funeral/memorial/burial, we can then plan ahead (and hopefully make it an ongoing habit in our own lives)

No need to make a big, grand spectacle of it (though that would help steal some news coverage)... Just find a charity or a group -or simply another individual- that you can help in some way.

If anyone on BreedingZone likes the idea, please feel free to RSVP, share or invite the 'event'... as for following through, I don't see why "breeding or being bred by a buddy" wouldn't qualify as a worthy charitable event...

When a friend asked me what I thought, I really had to spend some time deciding. In the end, I created a Facebook Event

http://www.facebook.com/events/1484971411723761/

Here's the description:

The news reports that the founder of Westboro Baptist Church (the Thank-God-For-Dead-Soldiers and God-Hates-Fags people) is very ill and nearing death. For a group that tried so hard to ruin the funerals of innocent people, the irony would not be lost on anyone if his own funeral were interrupted by protests.

But I have a better idea, and am passing this around just to see if it will get off the ground: Westboro Baptist thrived on media attention, and making a scene at Phelps' funeral would only give them more of that, while at the same time lowering ourselves to their level.

When word comes of his passing, we should organize the date of his funeral as a day of charity. Donate our time and talents to groups that support vets, youth, freedom of choice and emotional support. Give the news media so much GOOD news to report that they don't even have five seconds to mention Phelps.

For a man who was so certain that his God would judge others, let's leave him to be judged by that very same God. We've got better things to do down here on Earth, and what better way to start than by fixing some of the pain that he caused.

We can't set a day or time just yet, as Phelps is still alive... but when reports of his passing are confirmed and a date is set for his funeral/memorial/burial, we can then plan ahead (and hopefully make it an ongoing habit in our own lives)

No need to make a big, grand spectacle of it (though that would help steal some news coverage)... Just find a charity or a group -or simply another individual- that you can help in some way.

If anyone on BreedingZone likes the idea, please feel free to RSVP, share or invite the 'event'... as for following through, I don't see why "breeding or being bred by a buddy" wouldn't qualify as a worthy charitable event...

Amen Brother!

How is it the gay community will protest chik fil a but not assholes like this church, who would set us on fire if they could get away with it. I'm not all rage and hate. I refuse to be a victim I am for being honest with myself and not follow whats the populists think is important. if the gay community had any gravitas they would be at there church every day to make them wish there parents never met. Before anyone says i'm wrong think it through.

Im glad the stupid nasty fuck is dead. Now I hope the rest of his fucked up church dies as soon as possible. I will one day make it a point to piss on his grave. Turn the other cheek is what bullies and savages hope u do. So much for the gay community taking a stand and making sure his family feels the pain they have inflicted on the people his fucked up church has protested. I guess hes not a Republican you dont agree with.

Guest JizzDumpWI

The evil fucker is dead. I wish there were a hell and that pond scum were burning there now. Time will tell if the sick and twisted Westboro cult dies as well.

Piss on his grave? That would be giving him a gift. I would happily deface it though, or perhaps defecate on it...

Guest JizzDumpWI
Combatting hate with hate serves no purpose. We can do nothing more to him than what is being done to him now. Don't we want to take the high road? I'm glad he's dead, but the time to celebrate will be when all of his kind has died. I wouldn't want to stoop to his level.

you're right of course. And I will take that High road. But not wanting to...

I think it's telling that the family decided NOT to have a funeral for him. (and am honestly grateful for that) I know he deserves every foul disturbance possible, but unfortunately he was NOT the last of his breed.

You can bet that IF we had picketed his funeral, any one of the left-wing bastards still out there would have jumped on that and thrown it back in our faces.

I was honestly hoping that Phelps' death would get as little media coverage as possible, and that seems to be the case. In fact, I've seen a few news stories that noted how his vitriol has -in a way- actually benefited the GLBT movement. He made people hate the hating.