PrEP and Assholes

Guys on PrEP, ever experience any assholes? Just had this exchange on BBRT:

Me: Hot pic and profile man!

Asshole: if not poz, you will be soon.....

Me: No, I'm not poz. As my profile states, I'm on PrEP

Asshole: i read it.....keep gambling though

Me: Funny statements coming from someone who says don't be childish in their profile. If you want to have an intelligent conversation about it, I'm all ears. But no need to be an ass

Asshole: oh gosh, man. Childish.....I'm trying to tell you not to gamble on a pill that is proven NOT to be 100% effective, but yet I'm being childish.....oh man, go ahead, keep taking your pill, and getting your hole loaded up with infected sperm....I give you 6 months before you become

HIV+. And when you do, I expect an apology.

Take care man....and good luck.

I mean, I really don't mind an intelligent and informed conversation on the subject, but this really threw me. I mean, even if the effectivity was only 75%, it's better than nothing. Plus, it's certainly better than trusting that guys are neg. Anyone else experience this? What did you do?

Whether it's in the high-school cafeteria, the gossipy pews of a church, or the seedy underbelly of gay bareback websites, the most judgmental people are usually the ones who do the worst stuff when they think no one is looking. The kind of guy who'd go out of his way to mock your efforts at HIV prevention is usually the kind of guy who takes loads with impunity and doesn't even bother with PrEP. If he can somehow tear you down for being sensible about your love of bare cock, then maybe he'll feel a little less dirty for doing the same thing without the safety of PrEP. Passing judgment on anyone is wrong. But passing judgment when you're both on a website for anonymous bareback sex...that's just ri-goddamn-diculous!

• Upvote 1

It always amuses me when neg guys are on BBRT especially neg for neg only. Do they ever meet anyone on the site that meets their criteria. At least you know what you like and are taking precautions with your health, you should be applauded for making the effort. Sounds like it's time to block the asshole.

• Upvote 2

actually, they say neg only but then they breed poz dudes anyway. they just are in denial about their true desires, methinks. but, just my two cents. and those neg ony poz-breeding tops usually flood my ass with their 'clean' seed. lol.

I put on my 'Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction' thinking cap, and I cuss the motherfucker out. You've got to speak to a lower life form in the same language by which he can only understand. I know it's not an easy task to try and forget that we've got a brain, but sometimes that is what we've got to do.

Personally, I would track the cock monger down and poz rape his ass AND HE PROBABLY WOULD LIKE IT.

&

What kind of guy would come here to read profiles just to be disgusted? I'm sure not many would, unless, there is a glint of curiosity. I bet you, that he is reading some other guy's profile right now, jacking off to it, and once he is done he will feel disgusted at himself for liking it and then attack the owner of that profile.

Guest JizzDumpWI

cguy25, yes I have had similar exchanges on BBRT, A4A, MH... Some worse. If they've read anything about it is so superficial they don't even know what they've read. And they delude themselves into thinking condoms will always work.

He's obviously one of those guys who thinks four things. The kind of things guys who know absolutely nothing about HIV think.

He's a top, therefore he thinks he's at almost no risk. Gee I hope he's an uncut one, but he wouldn't know there's a difference in risk between cut and uncut, right?

He actually believes that everyone who says they are Neg, is actually Neg. I'd bet you he has no idea about the window period, and only asks what the results of a guy's last test is. I'd also bet he never asks how long ago that Neg test result was. Some guys haven't been tested in years, but still proudly assert that they are Neg. (They might be, or might not be)

He is 100% sure that HIV is being spread by Poz guys under treatment. He has no idea that almost all new infections are from guys who don't know they are Poz.

His sole safe sex strategy is to immediately reject any guy who says he is Poz.

Let's see a guy who ridicules you for using a pill that might not be 100% effective (but is darn close if taken daily). He's on a BB site. It would be interesting to see what his explanation of HIS OWN HIV avoidance strategy is. Exactly how is his way 100% effective?

Most guys out there known almost nothing about HIV and it's transmission. They can't possibly understand an undetectable viral load. They'll scream "Junk Science" at the results from the Partner study. We can't expect these Einsteins to understand PrEP.

Moronic drivel. Consider the source, and ignore it. I'll bet you if he becomes Poz, he will be one of those "Clean U B 2" guys who isn't quite as clean as he thought, but will seed it into many people for months before he tests again.

Here's a good point. When a guy pulls that shit, ask him when his last test was, and how often he gets tested. That will give you a very good idea how knowledgeable he really is.

He's a nasty hater who probably only does oral with condoms. I guess he does not know that addage some protection is better than no protection. He could be an AIDS denialist one commented on a Youtube video about PrEP so I responded to him telling him he was spreading lies. So he responds back to me with some link to an AIDS denialist site that talks about AZT. He was trying to equate some old info about AZT with Truvada to basically say PrEP is a fraud, and I was like hello they are not the same drug you idiot. There is no use arguing with these people they are fucked in the head.

Block his ass and let us know his user name so we can too.

Guys on PrEP, ever experience any assholes? Just had this exchange on BBRT:

I mean, I really don't mind an intelligent and informed conversation on the subject, but this really threw me. I mean, even if the effectivity was only 75%, it's better than nothing. Plus, it's certainly better than trusting that guys are neg. Anyone else experience this? What did you do?

I have gotten similar responses from guys on BBRT and A4A, so now I don't put the fact that I'm on PrEP in my profile. I put "ask me" under my status and "no preference" under your status. If someone asks, I tell them I'm neg and on PrEP. But I don't volunteer it. I'm a BB bottom who takes any and all loads, so most guys assume I'm poz or don't care what my status it. Sounds like that d-bag was just creating conflict for no reason -- grow up man.