Starting PrEP

BredSlut

Finally told my Doc that I was bi and have had bareback sex as the receptive partner. I explained I wanted to start on PrEP to help reduce risk of becoming poz. He asked some pretty direct questions and had me come back a couple of days later as it was going to take additional time. He ordered all the standard HIV/STI tests and I will be calling the HMO HIV group Thursday. Labs have all come back normal. If all goes well with the phone conversation, I should have my script shortly. Should save me some of the worry of taking loads in the future.

Guest JizzDumpWI

That will make a difference. Make sure you stay on it. Compliance is part of effectiveness. A few here like to play amateur doc, don't do that. Take it daily. At a point additional research will offer other options, but for now if you are going to the bother to use PrEP, use it as instructed. If your doc does as mine did, they will tell you to take it at the same time each day. By all means try to do that, but understand that a couple hours variance won't matter.

Taking it will be easy. I have other daily meds so just will add one more. Should be a pretty big stress reliever. I don't get to play often, but this just simplifies things. I definitely prefer bare. Part of program is 3 month labs.

Compliance is part of effectiveness.

No, I'm just going to play CBT games with you ;) (Even though psychological CBT does nothing for me - get me in the right mood though and your neighbours five miles away will know about it) Compliance is what they want you to do: adherence is what you choose for yourself. The result is the same but the thought patterns are miles apart. We've found in the UK that talking about compliance gives the idea if someone/thing ruling your life whereas adherence encourages the idea of "you're doing this for yourself". The difference is subtle, the psychological impact less so. And you know what the big joke is? All I ever got from (psychological) CBT was an improvement in my ability to train dogs (my last girl was bilingual Welsh/English). Real CBT,,, you're going to have to wait and find out ;)

Guest JizzDumpWI

I look forward to that with you stud!

Compliance, adherence - really driving to the same point. If you play with dosing effectiveness may wane. Why does this have me channeling PINK? "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding... How can you have any pudding if you don't eat (or was that beat) your meat?" A favorite doubleE....

A few here like to play amateur doc, don't do that. Take it daily. At a point additional research will offer other options, but for now if you are going to the bother to use PrEP, use it as instructed.

^^

This. I personally find it amazing that after decades of misery we have given the opportunity to fuck raw and still not get HIV. Would be sad if people still seroconverted just because they didn't take PrEP correctly. Taking a pill a day is very easy, just use a pillbox, do it the same time of day, fuck raw, stay negative.