Going on PrEP

j75206

Guest JizzDumpWI

Poz1956, just back to this thread after ignoring (not intentional, just other stuff to do). I didn't mean to imply that STI = a significant risk. My ID doc indicated it increases risk, but remember that "risk" is poorly understood. Personally I am satisfied to do my quarterly checks, and should something show up get it treated. Little point in obsessing...

• 5 months later...

Hey Guys, Just an update 

9 Months in, best thing ever...

Don't really worry about much anymore, also when I get my prescription filled the pharmacy does everything and just mails me my refill.

It has officially cost me zero, other than the small lab test costs 60$ or so from LabCorp every 3 months and my Dr. copay 25$

:)

• 6 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Just revisiting my initial post from over a year of being on PrEP I am still on it, have had no side effects, and its cost me nothing.

As for fucking, I am having a lot of sex. A LOT. and I rarely ask status, I look at profiles and just make an educated decision on whether or not to fuck them. But when I've had alcohol I have done horrible things! :)

I primarily fuck undetectable guys and I have found several that said they were on PrEP.

I have missed two doses from what I recall just by accident, once was on a trip and the second time I got a phone call and left without taking it.

I get a lot of messages on how to get on it and how it works. I know a lot of my friends are on it now, and I am not shy about talking to them about it.

Happy fucking!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

i just had a 3 month check up, all good, so my prescription was approved for another 3 months. There was a mix up with which pharmacy the refill was at so i had to make a few calls,to the pharmacists. i dont know why, but i find it a total turn on to have to chat to these people about my Truvada prescription. The thought that they might realize i have lots of bb sex just gets me hard!

Hi Everyone,

Just revisiting my initial post from over a year of being on PrEP I am still on it, have had no side effects, and its cost me nothing.

As for fucking, I am having a lot of sex. A LOT. and I rarely ask status, I look at profiles and just make an educated decision on whether or not to fuck them. But when I've had alcohol I have done horrible things! :)

I primarily fuck undetectable guys and I have found several that said they were on PrEP.

I have missed two doses from what I recall just by accident, once was on a trip and the second time I got a phone call and left without taking it.

I get a lot of messages on how to get on it and how it works. I know a lot of my friends are on it now, and I am not shy about talking to them about it.

Happy fucking!

The guys saying that they're undetectable and on PrEP seem a little confused: if they're on PrEP, they have to be undetectable, in the sense that you have to be HIV- to get PrEP in the first place. If they're poz, then truvada alone isn't sufficient to maintain undetectability: there has to be a third drug from a different family, so my guess would be that they're thinking that undetectable and on PrEP is a less threatening way of saying that they're poz and undetectable, perhaps?

One of the reasons for choosing truvada for use as PrEP was that it has an unusually long half life in the body (which is why the French are experimenting with "as and when" dosing (something that, frankly, makes me uneasy right now. But then I felt uneasy about truvada as PrEP in the first place and changed my mind. Anyway, a missed dose here and there isn't going to make a difference, even with people who've been round the block as many times as I have in terms og HIV drugs, they still reckon that 95% adherence is the target, which equates to one missed dose in three weeks for a once a day drug... It's more important to stick to the best adherence you can for psychological reasons than anything else so that you don't drift off and forget several days in a row...